We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the weather doing?!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
What is the weather doing?!!

Hi all

I'm due to fly out to split on Saturday for an island hopping trip to lastovo, hvar and vis for 12 nights....

Despite trying to reassure myself that the weather HAS to be better than here in London I'm starting to feel nervous of the grey skies and predicted rain my weather apps are forecasting!!!

Has the weather been poor recently? Or is the rain just short showers?

And the million dollar question....will I need to bring jeans/jumper with me?!!

Thanks for any info!

Bf x

achill
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the weather doing?!!

Hi Bischon my daughter just tx me there are 70 friends over in Hvar for a wedding and it is lashing rain with thunder and lightning today..sorry to give you the bad news..

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
77 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the weather doing?!!

This whole summer has been awful with a lot of storms and pouring rain, even on ever-sunny islands, but if you look at Accuweather it looks like next 2 weeks may be better, so hopefully it will happen.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the weather doing?!!

I was in Croatia from late may to early August, this summer was very odd. Early on, there were a few good sunny hot days peppered around but mostly grey skies (but still warm enough) and lots of rain. It doesn't appear as if the hot weather will be returning for this season. Good excuse, as if you need one, to sit on a balcony drinking plavac all day =D *sigh*

London, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the weather doing?!!

Noooooooo!!!!! I feel as though I've just received bad exam results. Better stock up my kindle and pack some cardigans and trousers I guess :'-( Keep your fingers crossed accuweather is accurate in forecasting better times!

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the weather doing?!!

From 4th to 18th June, the first 10 days was wonderful in Vis and then Hvar. The last four days in Hvar was terrible, with storm after storm, weather that was unprecedented in our experience. Seems like we were lucky in comparison to some people maybe, as at least it came at the end of the holiday and not all the way through it. Sorry to hear that it has been so bad this year generally.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,612 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the weather doing?!!

Early June had an unexpected heatwave - when I was in Lastovo it was amazing, but much like most of Europe it's been changeable weather this summer. It won't be wet and cold as in the UK - better to have an umbrella as you'll just sweat inside a coat if it's raining. The sea is warm in Croatia too which will keep it warmer generally - it's about 17 degrees C around Brighton and 25 degrees C around Trogir so I know where I woudl rather be swimming.

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the weather doing?!!

We had a few rainy days in Split-Dalmatia, although most rainy days were only rainy for a few hours, at most, and then the weather cleared up. We managed to enjoy ourselves, but we were flexible with our plans.

8. Re: What is the weather doing?!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Split-Dalmatia County
More Split-Dalmatia County Topics