We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soliman Bay for Swimming and Noise

Castle Rock...
Level Contributor
4 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Soliman Bay for Swimming and Noise

I am seeing different things about the swimming and the highway in the Tulum area. Is there highway noise on Soliman Bay? Is the swimming off the beach good? I understand there is coral, so beach shoes are recommended - any other swimming tips? Also, is it difficult to get a cab to go into town or should we rent a car? We will be there for a week over Christmas, so I know it will be super busy.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,561 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soliman Bay for Swimming and Noise

Juan recently posted about swimming in Soliman Bay with great info. I have never gone swimming in Soliman Bay. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150813-i155-k5271…

There is no highway noise in Soliman Bay - it is far removed from Hwy 307.

You should definitely rent a car as I'm sure Soliman Bay doesn't get much cab traffic - just about everyone who stays here will rent a car.

Here is an aerial so you can see how far the highway is from the bay: www.locogringo.com/maps/tour/P4200107a-t.html

Castle Rock...
Level Contributor
4 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Soliman Bay for Swimming and Noise

Thanks!! Perfect information - now I am REALLY ready to go.

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,392 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Soliman Bay for Swimming and Noise

Check a PM , Betsy

Castle Rock...
Level Contributor
4 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Soliman Bay for Swimming and Noise

PM? Sorry, I didn't understand your abbreviation.

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,392 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Soliman Bay for Swimming and Noise

Personal message that may come as an e mail or on your messages on Your Trip Advisor at the top of the page after logging in or both . To send one or view a posters previous posts , or your own , click on their name in blue . Cheers and good travels

6. Re: Soliman Bay for Swimming and Noise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 January 2013, 20:05
Portland, OR
Level Contributor
325 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Soliman Bay for Swimming and Noise

Can't wait. We will be there in 21 days. Glad to hear the noise is not an issue.

midwest
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Soliman Bay for Swimming and Noise

Swimming in the bay is not great because it is shallow a long ways out and rocky. It does have a nice sandy beach and it is great for snorkeling and kayaking. The reef provides lots of protection so the waves are gentle.

Castle Rock...
Level Contributor
4 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Soliman Bay for Swimming and Noise

Thanks for the info - how shallow is it?

Montana
Level Contributor
95 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Soliman Bay for Swimming and Noise

solomon bay is great for swimming. There's a reef across the bay which is great snorkeling also. I almost always wear water boots so that if you have to, you can stand up anywhere. small waves, shallow and protected by the reef. Lots of marine life. PM means personal message.

Get answers to your questions about Soliman Bay
More Soliman Bay Topics