We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa help

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Villa help

I have a large party (need 6 bedrooms) and I'm looking for a BEACHFRONT villa (or 2 together). We like somewhat calm. snorkeling water. I have found some villas on Playa Coson. Does anyone know this area or any of the villas?

Originally I looked further north at the AMAZING villas in Cabrera but I fear the waves are to much for us there.

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa help

playa coson is very beautiful and peaceful but quite a distance from town(las terrenas). it is also a long way from the nearest airport that has flights from the US (puerta plata or santo domingo) . it also, like many areas on the north coast, has a tendancy to be a bit rough for swimming and snorkeling. it may be more accessable once the new highways are completed through the area(that may be another issue as they are working on them as we speak) and flights from the US are established to el catay airport nearby. that being said it really is a relaxing and peaceful place if you decide to take the time to get there. if you haven't already discovered it this site has lots of vacation rentals listed. homeaway.com/vacation-rentals/…r384

you can filter your choices to the ammount of bedrooms, etc. good luck with your search, ben

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa help

thanks for your input...just to clarify - i was told by the villa owner that the water directly in front of coson is much less choppy and easily swimmable...as apposed to other areas in the vacinity. Are you saying - in your opinion - this is not the case? also is the general area safefrom a crime standpoint?

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa help

it is a beautiful and mostly deserted beach. i do not think crime will be a problem but the distance to town and the road to there is the only drawback, but definately worth it IMO. i must admit having gone there only once, and it was rough that day(this was in november) this thread on dr1 has some input as to the swimming there, and there are differing opinions.

dr1.com/forums/…80210-waves-coson.html

i would take the owner at his/her word but with a grain of caution :) don't stray too far from the beach if the waves happen to be too large for safety and be aware that there could be undertows. i really do recommend coson, the beach is gorgeous... ben

4. Re: Villa help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Las Terrenas