We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental home near Las Terrenas

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
433 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Rental home near Las Terrenas

Can anyone tell me if it is practical to rent a house around Las Terrenas but not rent a vehicle? I have not been to the area so I don't know how it is laid out. Some rentals that I have read about are apparently only a 5-10 minute walk to the beach and town / restaurants / market. Is this so? It would be nice to not have to drive for at least part of our visit.

Also, any specific recommendations for a rental home that has a kitchenette, pool, and would accomodate 4 adults and 2 children?

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Las Terrenas
Las Terrenas
Dominican Republic
north carolina
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental home near Las Terrenas

i always try to rent a house, has worked out very well so far, especially with 2 couples to offset the cost. many places on homeaway, homelidays,bealocation, and las terrenas realty if you google. try to get something on playa ballenas or playa poppi and you should be ok for walking to town, but for groceries and such a car or quad is nice to have. happy hunting, ben

2. Re: Rental home near Las Terrenas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 20:17