We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non A-I Hotels

Which Las Terrenas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
165 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Non A-I Hotels

This seems like a nice area to explore and we'll probably rent a car to do some.

Any recommendations for a Hotel,non-smoking if possible with a pool ,$ 200.00 max per night.

Car rentals?

Thanks for any suggestions:)

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,782 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Non A-I Hotels

If you rent a car worth considering Playa Bonita which is quieter than Las Terranas and round the corner has a better beach. We have styaed in Htel Atlantis which was nice but no pool. N- good food. NEar by is bahia las ballenas which does have a pool and gets some goof reviews.

Las terranas does have some goof facilities (good supermarket) but we find it a bit too busy these dats.

Playa Colibri is also well rated.

Edited: 05 November 2011, 11:02
north carolina
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Non A-I Hotels

my choice would be the alisei. playa las ballenas is usually calmer water than playa bonita and is very tranquil also. and close enough to town if you wish to walk to town for eating or nightlife. our budget is a bit less and we will stay at the colibri, which is also on ballenas but a bit farther from town but still walkable. happy travels, ben

Las Terrenas...
Level Contributor
410 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Non A-I Hotels

Hi there,

Here's our two cents for what its worth:

Most expensive, but great location-rooms: Alisei (prob around your max budget)

Others, less expensive, great location as well: Casa Del Mar (no pool though) , Colibri, Aligio (if they reopened, they were closed for a month or so we believe)

If you need to rent a car, track down Indianapolis, they are in Hotel Palapa (which is under amazing renovations right now, its gonna be sooooo nice) they offer the best price in town, we ALWAYS rent from them after haveing been here 7 months, we pretty much tried them all

Dont hesitate to ask us if you need more help!

One love...

Rachel and Terry

Santa Barbara de...
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Non A-I Hotels

I recommend Playa Colibri in Las Terrenas or Hotel Todo Blanco in Las Galeras. I've stayed at the first one and loved it but the view from Todo Blanco is worth $1000 a night and Las Galeras is super laid back.

Canada
Level Contributor
165 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Non A-I Hotels

We're flying into PUJ and spending our 1st week at an AI for our 10th anniversary.

Then we want to find a Hotel (w/pool) where we can walk to a town for eating or nightlife.

Is this area too far to drive too? We don't want to spend 2 days getting to and from a different area.It was suggested that this is the case here?

Any other towns/areas that might be worth looking at?

Thanks to all for the great tips!

6. Re: Non A-I Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 November 2011, 12:50
Edited: 10 November 2011, 12:50
Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,858 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Non A-I Hotels

Playa Colibri is awesome, Aleisi is also. Both on the beach. Both can be had under 200.

Malena, PUJ to Las Terenas is a haul, way far.

8. Re: Non A-I Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2012, 05:16