We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to HotelTransport-Dominican Republic, Samana?

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to HotelTransport-Dominican Republic, Samana?

I am trying to organize a trip to Samana in the Dominican Republic but am having a very hard time finding transportation from the Las Americas International Airport in San Domingo to the Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa, We don't want to hire a private car we want to take the cheapest option (bus?). I contacted the hotel and they did not really help, they told me to ask my travel agent, but I am not using one. Any help on this topic would be appreciated! Thanks!

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to HotelTransport-Dominican Republic, Samana?

Hi Laura... who are you flying with? Contact them and see if they will provide transportation. When booking an all inclusive package, transportation to the resort is included.

Happy travels.

Santa Barbara de...
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to HotelTransport-Dominican Republic, Samana?

There are about 100 posts on this forum where you can find info on using the bus to get to Samana. Do a search on this forum of "Caribe Tours" and you'll find it.

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to HotelTransport-Dominican Republic, Samana?

We are flying with Jet Blue, thanks for your idea, I am a rookie traveler so any info helps!! :)

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to HotelTransport-Dominican Republic, Samana?

dr1.com/forums/santo-domingo/120399-bus-sama…

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to HotelTransport-Dominican Republic, Samana?

Laura - Many will probably disagree with me here, but as a novice traveller, I would like to suggest that you contact a travel agent and allow them to help you book your holiday! A travel agent can usually match any price you find on the internet and knows all the ins and outs of booking a trip that you may overlook. We've been travelling for years and I still use a travel agent....

You can book an All Inclusive trip to GBP Cayocoa and all arrangements will be made for you! It makes things alot less stressful knowing that someone else will take care of all the details. Just my opinion... Hope you have a great time!

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to HotelTransport-Dominican Republic, Samana?

I would never advise anyone arriving to take the bus unless you arrive early to SDQ (1pm or earlier) and/or speak Spanish. If anything have a transport set up to get to Samana and take the bus back to SDQ on departure, this is much easier and less confusing. Not only is Terry a big help advising people on TA he also does airport transfers and awesome tours.

toursamanawithterry.com/Airport-Hotel_Transf…

good luck and happy travels to you, Ben

Santa Barbara de...
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to HotelTransport-Dominican Republic, Samana?

Wow, You are flying Jet Blue. As far as I know you will get into SDQ at like 3:30 am. That means you would have to wait until about 7:30 to take a taxi to the bus station. Maybe I'm mistaken and there is another flight on JB at a better hour.

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport to HotelTransport-Dominican Republic, Samana?

certainly covers the "early" requirement :-)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,986 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport to HotelTransport-Dominican Republic, Samana?

Laura I agree wiht travel4 fun Make it easy for you if this is the first time Try and book with transportaion incl..

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
23 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport to HotelTransport-Dominican Republic, Samana?

When are you traveling? I'm looking to share a private shuttle Mar 4th-10th

Get answers to your questions about Las Terrenas