We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las terranes roll call

Which Las Terrenas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
tennessee
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Las terranes roll call

Coming in March 13-21, to Las Terranas from Tennessee... How safe is it staying n town aka, non resort? I've heard wearing jewelry, watches is a no-no? I will be using alot of public transportation, will it be safe? Also any English get togethers would be great..my Spanish is awful lol..give a shout out ..counting down the days!

Las Terrenas...
Level Contributor
410 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las terranes roll call

as long as jewerly is not 10k diamond encrusted Rolex, matched woth white socks and Birkenstoks, with 2 digi-cams around you neck, and pulling out 5g's to pay for a 50 pesos sorft dink, you'll be fine lol

If you ever need info, we're pretty much the only english speaking bar in town, so feel free to stop by.

One love...

Rachel and Terry

Santa Barbara de...
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las terranes roll call

Rachel and Terry are right.

I always say, it's better to use a little bit of caution and have a great time. Why wear any jewelry of any value when you are down here? Leave it at home and get some beautiful, and inexpensive, Larimar stone jewelry from here instead. You don't want to draw attention to yourself. You'll be just fine then.

tennessee
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Las terranes roll call

Thank you so much for the info...got my spare time-x watch lol...look forward to meeting you both!

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las terranes roll call

Can't think of any better ambassadors for the region than the folks who have responded to you. Hope you have a great time in LT, it's our favorite town in the whole of DR and we've been all over the island. You'll get by fine with little spanish skills as there are many europeans there who speak a bit of english, if without transport try to stay close to downtown as this will help cut down on costs.

Also may consider renting a scooter or atv for a day or two but bring a photocopy of your passport as it will be required. Have a great time! Ben

tennessee
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Las terranes roll call

Copy of passport, wow didn't even think about that..thank you so much...any suggestions for great seafood? Also I heard of a few people saying you should get hep shots..is that really needed?

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Las terranes roll call

Great seafood in LT.. just about every restaurant there serves it and there is a fisherman's market just behind the cemetery at the center of town. Never had shots before but according to what you'll be experiencing while there certainly couldn't hurt.

tennessee
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Las terranes roll call

Copy of passport, wow didn't even think about that..thank you so much...any suggestions for great seafood? Also I heard of a few people saying you should get hep shots..is that really needed?

Where is the bar that Rachel and Terry run?

Asheville
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Las terranes roll call

Hi from your neighbors in Asheville, NC...My husband and I have a home in LT...you will love it. I just took my son this past week for his spring break, we walked everywhere this time instead of renting a car...it's very safe...just use good old common sense when visiting any different place. Make sure to stop by and see Terry & Rachel...they are wonderful! Please feel free to ask any questions. Best, Audrey

Asheville
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Las terranes roll call

You will also find a lot of English speaking friends at Dan's Bar, right in town...across from the Claro. :-)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,936 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Las terranes roll call

One Love bar terry and Rachel are so nice and will help you with anything.. Loved visiting them last week..