We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shipwreck Maritime Musem and other Tours

las vega, nv
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Shipwreck Maritime Musem and other Tours

Will be our first time to DR (late November/early December 2014). Will be staying at the Alisei Hotel in Las Terrenas. I am starting my "things to do" and "restaurants to try" lists and need a little help. How far is the Maritime Museum from our resort? What other tours/activities are in this area? Snorkeling tours? I know the famous Falls are close, but not sure if Hubby can do horseback (how long does it take to get there on horseback?) We will not be renting a car, will take taxis and Hubby cannot walk long distances. (we are in out 60s) We would like to have a private driver for a tour of the island one day as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Toronto
Level Contributor
535 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shipwreck Maritime Musem and other Tours

We will be at the Alisie tommorrw afternoon. The falls are close and the horse ride is slow going and only about 35 minutes long, but it's the stairs you need to go down and back up again that are a challenge for some.

The snorkeling out front of the Alisei I've been told is decent. Although I personally have not put a mask on and tried it myself.

There is a Taxi stand just outside the Alisei to the right. We alway use the same driver / tour rep everytime for our airport pick up. He also does private tours. If you wish, I can give you his email etc as a recommendation. He speaks great English.

There are so many great options for meals. Depends if you want seafood, pizza, burgers..etc.

las vega, nv
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shipwreck Maritime Musem and other Tours

I would love to have your driver's name and email. Does he charge by the hour and how much? I'm afraid the stairs would never work for hubby. I would love to hear from you when you return regarding the Alisei. We are going to reserve the Honeymoon Suite and I'm told it has a great ocean view from the balcony. Any info you can give would be helpful and greatly appreciated!

Toronto
Level Contributor
535 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shipwreck Maritime Musem and other Tours

I PM'd you the drivers name, number and email address. I have not been inside the Honeymoon suite before. I have been inside, the loft's, the 1 bedrooms, 2 bedrooms and the Villa's. I will ask if the Honeymoon suite is occupied next week. If it's empty I will go inside and check it out. I think it's on the top floor but I'm not 100%. The views from the balcony's are great and the balcony's are very large with a full size eating table and hammock and padded benches. Cant wait to be back at the Alisei.

The Restaurant on site has a great reputation. We usually eat either on the beach or order room service.

4. Re: Shipwreck Maritime Musem and other Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2015, 05:18