We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet romantic hotel not too close to town?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Quiet romantic hotel not too close to town?

We are a couple on a budget looking to spend approx $100-150/night (or less) in late March near Las Terrenas. We want to be as close to the beach as possible, and preferably about a mile or 2 away from Las Terrenas for night time activities. We don't want to hear crazy crowds at night.

We'd prefer not to be at a "family" hotel per se. While we know tons of families visit DR, we are really looking for some time to reconnect, not be overwhelmed by tons of kids in the pool. The more privacy the better :-)

Playa Colibri keeps on coming up for my search but it seems like it would be a relatively "loud" place. Hotel Atlantis seems more "adult" but quite far from Las Terrenas.

Any hotel suggestions that fit the bill?

Toronto
Level Contributor
579 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet romantic hotel not too close to town?

The Colibri, at least when I stayed there in May 2012 was not loud at all. Very quiet in fact. But May is off season. It's about 20 minutes walk to town on the beach. I really enjoyed it and would recommend it.

Weekends are busier, but a lot of guest leave so by Monday's the Hotels are much less full.

I always recommend the Hotel Alisei as it's my personal favourite but it might stretch your budget a bit. It does include breakfast and is about 10 minutes closer to town.

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet romantic hotel not too close to town?

Have stayed at the Colibri (would recommend) once and passed by them both many times. The best part about the area (Playa las Ballenas) is that you can walk a short distance and have a quiet spot all to yourselves and still be able to get to town easily. In late March you will have a few kids around but not a bunch since it is past prime season.

Las Galeras...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiet romantic hotel not too close to town?

Been visiting Hotel Mariposa quite a lot over the last 2 months, the only children I have seen are the new owners family and they are not much in evidence.

4. Re: Quiet romantic hotel not too close to town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Las Terrenas