We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Croatia for our summer holidays - advice please !

Perth, Scotland
Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Croatia for our summer holidays - advice please !

Hi folks

We are a couple in our 30s looking for some advice on this subject.

We would be travelling in the first two weeks of July and are looking for suggestions on resorts/accommodation.

We appreciate beautiful scenery, good food and interesting places to visit. We intend on being there for two weeks and although enjoy the culture and atmosphere of a city we would prefer to be based rurally or close to the sea so that we can get some r &r some days.

We would prefer to stay in a good quality, but not overpriced accommodation, preferably a hotel but would be grateful for any other recommendations you might have.

Moderate nightlife would be within our ticklist but to clarify I mean nice restaurants at affordable prices with the odd selection of authentic bars to have a nice glass of wine and beer. No interest or need for bass thumping nightclubs here !

All suggestions and/or recommendations greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1. Re: Croatia for our summer holidays - advice please !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2013, 00:06
Rovinj, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
864 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Croatia for our summer holidays - advice please !

Antun, you were asked to stop advertising but you continue to do so.

Perth, Scotland
Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Croatia for our summer holidays - advice please !

Hi thanks for this but I'm left a bit confused by the advertising comment - which link is the advertisement ? Maybe it's both right enough !

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Croatia for our summer holidays - advice please !

Sorry, I am just giving an advice...

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
35,546 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Croatia for our summer holidays - advice please !

Cavtat might be a good choice for you as well as Korcula. I will also add the suggestion of Vis.

Perth, Scotland
Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Croatia for our summer holidays - advice please !

Hi had a look at Vis and it looks beautiful. Just thinking how we can get there from the UK ? I'm thinking a flight to Dubrovnik then onward travel ?

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
35,546 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Croatia for our summer holidays - advice please !

Can you fly into Split? If Dubrovnik you would have to take a bus to Split and then ferry out to Vis. Its so beautiful and peaceful out there but enough to keep you occupied....with some very nice beaches on the island.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Croatia for our summer holidays - advice please !

I would also say Vis but not for two weeks :)

Perth, Scotland
Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Croatia for our summer holidays - advice please !

Hi would it be feasible to do Vis then maybe somewhere else ? If so where would be good ? Really looking forward to it . When I was a child my parents took us to Umag when it was still Yugoslavia and we had a fabulous time so I'm looking forward to revisiting this lovely country

Perth, Scotland
Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Croatia for our summer holidays - advice please !

If we were to get a flight to Split how would we get to Vis ? I'm thinking it must be relatively straightforward ?

Thanks again for all your help

Get answers to your questions about Central Croatia