We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary : 7 Days in Limassol

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary : 7 Days in Limassol

Hello,

I am going to Limassol on the 1st of August till the 7th. i'll be there with my 50-Year old mother. I need to plan for a calm and affordable vacation in Cyprus. I need suggestions for an itinerary and what are the main interesting areas to visit.

thx!!!

3 replies to this topic
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
28 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary : 7 Days in Limassol

The Old Town area near the Castle is worth a visit, nice bars and restaurants as well as the Castle itself.

The Roman remains at Curium are very interesting and worth a look at. For a relaxing day go out to Govenors Beach and have nice lunch and relax near the sea. The fishing village of Zygi is also worth a look, good seafood places to try here. A bit of a drive from Limassol is the village of Omodos and is peaceful and full of interesting bars, shops and places to eat. Enjoy.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,599 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary : 7 Days in Limassol

The above suggestions are very good ones. The castle area is very nice for a leisurely lunch or coffee.

There is a walking tour of Limassol old town on a Monday but I am not sure how mobile your mother is. It is free of charge and it starts at the CTO Information Office at 10am. It covers the sea front, open air sculpture park, old port, Medieval Castle, Kepir Mosque, Cathedral of Agia Napa and the Municipal Market.

On Wednesdays you can visit Lofou Village. You get the number 40 bus at the Old Hospital bus station at 10am. This village is about 26K north of LImassol and has narrow cobbled streets and stone built houses and some tavernas. You get back at 15.10 and the bus fare is €3 return.

There is free entrance to several museums on Thursdays if that interests you. There is also a pottery making workshop at 12 Koumandarias Street, near the town centre. This is also free of charge. I am not sure whether this will be available when you are there but worth checking.

On Friday you can visit Omodos Village. Again you get the number 40 bus at Old Hospital bus station at 10am and get back at 3pm. Again it is just €3 return. I like Omodos village, it has a nice square, the Holy Cross Monastery an old wine press and you can buy local wine and bread. There are places that you can have lunch.

I am not sure where you are staying but you can get the number 30 bus from anywhere along the coast road to the old town. It may be worth visiting the tourist office early in your stay as events can vary from month to month.

I am not sure whether you want to go a bit further afield but Nicosia is worth doing but can be quite tiring in the heat of August.

Hope this is of some help.

Edited: 23 June 2014, 18:58
Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary : 7 Days in Limassol

Thank you for your kind Help!!!!

Reply to: Itinerary : 7 Days in Limassol
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Limassol District