We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

protaras or ayia napa

UK
Level Contributor
262 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
protaras or ayia napa

Travelling to Cyprus at the very beginning of September with a 2 year old which out of the two is beat suited to a toddler? Which has nicer beaches? Thanks

5 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: protaras or ayia napa

Both have fabulous beaches and very child friendly as shallow from the shore.

Protaras is the smaller of the two and despite peoples misconceptions of Ayia Napa as being a clubbers paradise (those days are long gone !) It's very popular with families these days and family friendly. Protaras is definitely a family resort, Personally I get bored with the "strip" in Protaras in the evening whereas there's much more choice in Ayia Napa. However I love Fig Tree Bay Beach in Protaras, so regularly spend days there whilst in the region.

UK
Level Contributor
262 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: protaras or ayia napa

Thanks for the reply we have a wedding in nissi so probably go for staying in ayia napa as it is close thanks

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,369 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: protaras or ayia napa

Hi, I would agree with Miss Chief. We have been to Ayia Napa 3 times and the last time was May of this year, We are in our 60's and have never had any problems. Whilst on holiday we did take the bus to Penera and Protarus, a trip down memory lane really, but we came to the conclusion that with Ayia Napa being that much bigger there is more variety, as we like to have a walk in the morning and evening and there is more than one road in Nappa. But for a family I would say that Protarus would be good. Barbara

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: protaras or ayia napa

There's some lovely family hotels in and around the Nissi Beach area...........you'll be spoilt for choice :)

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
94 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: protaras or ayia napa

all beaches fab macronnosis my favourite i know it sounds daft but i always get a bit emotional when i first get there its superb would rather be on there than anywhere in the caribeean etc

Reply to: protaras or ayia napa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Famagusta District
Recent Conversations
More Famagusta District Topics