We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ando's Bar & Grill where & whats it like?

Which Palm Cove hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Ando's Bar & Grill where & whats it like?

Hi has anyone been here that could tell us what it's like etc and how far away it is from Paradise on the beach.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ando's Bar & Grill where & whats it like?

A STRONGLY NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE.

andos bar and grill... absolutely shocking! we went there for lunch one day, after it had just changed ownership, and it was probably one of the worst experiences i have ever had!

we had some relatives over for a small amount of time, and wanted to treat them - so we thought this would be a good place to go. We were indeed very wrong.

at first, it was great, the kids ordered their meals, you know, steak and chips etc. and my sister ordered a prawn salad. Well, not only did it come out atleast 40 minutes after everyone else had FINISHED, plus the fact that there were only three prawns within the PRAWN salad, but as she went to eat a lettuce leaf, a crawling, black bug appeared from within the salad!

When my sister discretely went and confronted the waitress about her little incident, the staff member was extremely rude and did not offer any kind of strategy to solve the problem or give an apology etc. When we were denied a refund and charged full price for a new salad, not only were we rudely sent away, but when the new salad that we paid full price for came without any prawns, my sister was accused of eating all of them on her previous salad so this one came without, even though we had paid full price for a replacement!

we left pretty soon after that, and no apology was given or even acknowledgement that a problem had occured.

I strongly reccomend avoiding Andos - Palm Cove is a beautiful place, and there are so many amazing places that you can dine in or take away, that actually have value for money and welcoming staff.

Palm Cove
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ando's Bar & Grill where & whats it like?

Don't listen to the above post. Ando's is a great place to meet and have a few drinks then a good feed... very relaxed and directly opposite the beautiful palm cove beach... If you really wanted to "treat" your relatives then you should have taken them to the Sebel... (priced accordingly) or Angsana etc....

Get Chris to make you a pizza... Tell him shane sent you...

3. Re: Ando's Bar & Grill where & whats it like?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2010, 05:16