We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo woman - ok?

Which Palm Cove hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,434 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Solo woman - ok?

I'm thinking of Palm Cove in September for a few days of rest before heading for a citybreak to friends in Melbourne.

Travelling on my own, well-seasoned traveller, 50 plus etc

But - will I be an oddity in a family/couples/young reevellers resort type place?

I just want to walk on the beach, read my book and eat food unpestered.

Is this the place? And if not, where?

Amanda

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5,410 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo woman - ok?

Perfectly ok, Amanda. Palm Cove is a nice spot and no one will bother you.

Which resort are you considering?

School holidays are in the last 10 days of September, so you might take that into consideration when choosing your accommodation.

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,434 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo woman - ok?

Thankyou.

hadn't really got down to which resort yet, just read that Palm Cove is an attractive place with beach....do you have any recommendations? I'm not really into huge glossy resort, as a single traveller I'd prefer a quiet hotel where I can sit in a garden or on a balcony or by a pool and hear the wind.

School holidays - thanks for THAT reminder, my friends in Melbourne are teachers...so I guess this of course is why they said this time is good to visit. ;)

Amanda

3. Re: Solo woman - ok?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 02:19