We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outrigger Beach Club & Spa in Palm Cove

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
Save Topic
Outrigger Beach Club & Spa in Palm Cove

Hi,

I am going on my honeymoon in Sept. One of our stops is Palm Cove.We have being booked into the outrigger beach club.Can you tell us if the hotel is a good place to stay. We are staying for a week.

Thanks

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outrigger Beach Club & Spa in Palm Cove

Hi i stayed at this hotel last october you will enjoy your stay here,but i would not stay in this hotel again as i do not think it lives up to its 5 star rating.We were lucky to be given the penthouse suite with private roof top plunge pool i would have been very dissapointed if i had paid for this suite.It was not very clean and its not me being picky as i have stayed in lower rating places, furnishings were stained and carpets with dirty black marks on them ect i just thought that the prices that this hotel charge as we stayed a week things should be better. Also if you have a spa room we could see two spa baths from our balcony so that was not very private for them. I would recomend an ocean view room if your budget allows with a high floor.Our rooms were never cleaned untill very late in the afternoon which i did not think was very good and all they did was make beds and change the towells they did not sweep the floors or the carpets.The floor of the roof terrace was filthy i did not want to walk on it with nothing on my feet and really spoilt the pleasure of this suite.A porter did come to clean it but it was not much better after.If you like children it is a childrens paradise and other people come in to use the outrigger pool with kids because of the sandy lagoon.The hotel does have a great location and the restaurants are all very good we did not have a bad meal, especially the colonies in the shopping center,nunus was good and choc dees,also sebel reef house that was the most expensive.It is a good place to stay as long as you dont expect it to be 5 star as it claims as it really is not.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
253 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outrigger Beach Club & Spa in Palm Cove

I would agree with the last reply. we visited PC last August and we visited the Sebel Reef for a spa and beauty treatments. it also looked fab for a honeymoon, more for couples and is on the beachfront with a lovely restaurant overlooking the sea. the outrigger is more popular with families but you would have to double check the school hols up there at that time of year. the outrigger has a good location and pool area but probably needs some tlc. if it was my honeymoon i would think there are nicer places to stay at in PC especially if you're staying for a week.

hope this helps.