We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice/comments please

Which Palm Cove hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
106 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Advice/comments please

Hi Everyone

My partner and I would love to get married in Australia in June. I've been reading lots about Palm Cove and it sounds just what we are looking for.

We'd like to see as much as the country as possible without tiring ourselves out, this is what we are thinking:

UK - Singapore

Singapore - Sydney

Sydney - Brisbane (flying Virgin Blue)

Brisbane - Cairns

We'd like to marry at the end of out trip and chill in Palm Cove.

How does this itinery sound and how many nights do you advise we stay in each place? We were thinking at least 5 in Palm Cove - too few/few many?

Sorry about all the questions but want to get it right!!

Cheers Elaine

united kingdom
Level Contributor
253 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Advice/comments please

hi again elaine

we changed our plans at least 6 times before saying enough was enough and giving ourselves a deadline for the final one! We had 3 three weeks including travelling time and it's tempting to try and pack in as much as possible.

I think spending more time in Sydney and Palm Cove is a good idea. like you we won't be able to return to Oz for a while unless we win the lottery! When we do we will visit Sydney for a week - there's plenty to do in the area. We will probably visit the Blue Mountains for a couple of days.

have a brilliant time and wedding.

anne

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,727 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Advice/comments please

hi and wow lucky you.

weddings and honeymoons at Palm coves sebel reef house are just great.

try reefhouse.com.au

and look for weddings.

they have all you need, accomm, day spa, wedding coordinator, cake,

flowers, champagne, celebrant, photos, etc etc.

and one wedding a day, not heaps like others places.

very private indeed.

can get your hair and make up done there in your suite.

very private and great staff.

look at all their info.even have limos from airport available.

good luck.

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Advice/comments please

Hi GeordieGypsy

I just had to reply to this post.

Im getting married at Kewarra (near palm cove) 22nd December 06. We are staying for 9 nights (I know it might sound too many, but its over the xmas period) then driving down the coast, whitsundays, brisbane, Sydney back to UK. We will be in Oz for a total of 5 weeks and are so looking foward to it.... I've been reading so many positive comments about the palm cove area, Im having second thoughts about Kewarra!

Like you I'd love to hear anybodys views on how many nights to stay in places..and which places are a must to visit,..(and do they really have biting ants over there.)

Good luck with your wedding planning. x