We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Family Resort in Palm Cove?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
79 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Best Family Resort in Palm Cove?

What is the best hotel/resort in Palm Cove for a family vacation? 4 adults (parents, in-laws) and one 6-year old child.

Needs include a good pool, kids pool area, close to beach and restaurants. Would prefer a 3-bedroom apartment, but would like the amenities of a resort/hotel.

Thanks!

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
364 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Family Resort in Palm Cove?

Glad to see you decided to investigate North Queensland. I think you will find it much warmer at this time of year.....plus you get to experience the reef and the tropics.

I can't advise on resorts as we (4A/4C) rented a house for our visit to Palm Cove (www.stayz.com.au).

There are 12 "Luxury" resorts listed here on TripAdvisor.

You are well advised to get a rental car at Cairns Airport. That way you can explore the area.

We took our kids to the Lowe Isles for snorkelling. It was close in and shallow enough for them to enjoy it. The kids could get 'pool noodles' to assist with flotation while they snorkelled. The bigger people might enjoy the outer reef a bit more.

Good luck in your search and "happy travels".

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Family Resort in Palm Cove?

I guess it really depends on your budget. Our last stay in Palm Cove we chose the Sea Temple, which was absolutely fantastic. Beautiful apartments, great pool area, direct beach access, but not right on the main street - about 5-10 minutes away the main restaurant strip.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
240 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Family Resort in Palm Cove?

Right on the beach is Mantra Amphora. Stayed there last year. I am not sure about 3 bedrooms. You can ask them. Right on the beach, best pool for adults or children. You have a choice of ground floor or up to third floor.

I think if you are staying at Palm Cove you do need to be on the esplanade (beach front) as that is the hub of Palm Cove and not much else.

All the restaurants are right outside your front door step.

Cannot remember how many trips we have made to Palm Cove from Melbourne. We absolutely love it.

Cairns
Level Contributor
6 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Family Resort in Palm Cove?

Well to be honest you are best off renting a holiday house because a family with kids can speed out and accommodate themselves. I would suggest the Palm Cove Tropical House - which promotes itself as being The most kid friendly luxury retreat in Palm Cove. Playroom, big private swimming pool with spa and big kitchen with a BBQ and tropical gardens for the kids to kick a ball around.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
283 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Family Resort in Palm Cove?

The Angsana resort is right on the beach and when I stayed there (albeit several years ago when it was called the Allamanda) it had spacious three bedroom apartments. I presume it still does. It's a beautiful resort and very close to the shops & restaurants of the esplanade.

Trinity Beach...
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Family Resort in Palm Cove?

Yes, checkout 'vacation rentals' on Tripadvisor - Palm Cove (sounds like you've just looked at hotel/resorts?) Some great deals at the moment:) Cheers Pip

7. Re: Best Family Resort in Palm Cove?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 17:42