We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommodation help

NZ
Level Contributor
139 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
accommodation help

I have decided to stay in palm cove from 6/11 to 11/11 as it appeared there were some nice beachfront places and we will have a car - my travel agent recommends amphora but looking at this I am leaning more towards beachview apartments at villa paradiso, are there any other recommendations? I am also open to port douglas

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
163 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accommodation help

Have stated at amphora before and it was fine. Apartment was large and it was fairly quiet there. The pool was too cold for our liking but that during August. The restaurant there is great. Currently staying at peppers beach club and loving it. It's more expensive than amphora but definitely worth the cost. Pool is great with swim up bar. It's right across the road from the patrolled and netted part of the beach. Weather is glorious at the moment!

NZ
Level Contributor
139 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accommodation help

did you get a view?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
163 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accommodation help

No we have a pool/garden apartment which was our preference as we have young kids. View was not high on our priority list, easy access to pool was what we wanted.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accommodation help

While Amphora is on Williams Esplanade, it is a large property and only a very small percentage of the units actually have an outlook towards the beach so you would be better off at Villa Paradiso where all the units look out over the beach and all have a private balcony. We stayed there a little while ago and absolutely loved it! The pool is great too. Janet

melbourne
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: accommodation help

Have been to PC three times in past 7 years, always stay at Sanctuary. Have never been disappointed!

melbourne
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: accommodation help

Have been to PC three times in past 7 years, always stay at Sanctuary. Have never been disappointed!

Wantirna Victoria
Level Contributor
48 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: accommodation help

Island views is a must . Fantastic huge apartments with large balconies overlooking the ocean

8. Re: accommodation help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2014, 05:17