We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two weeks in Palm Cove - trip to Hamilton Island?

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Two weeks in Palm Cove - trip to Hamilton Island?

My partner and I are staying in Palm Cove for two weeks in March. We are debating taking a two night trip to Hamilton Island, flying from Cairns, halfway through the two weeks.

I have heard mixed reviews about visiting Hamilton Island, does anyone have any opinions on whether HI would be worth seeing since we will still have plenty of time left to explore Palm Cove, Port Douglas and the surrounding region or if we should give HI a miss and stay in Palm Cove?

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two weeks in Palm Cove - trip to Hamilton Island?

personally I would give HI a miss.

overpriced and overrated....not to mention the expense of getting there and back.

and u will gain nothing from a tourism point of view ie. compared to the cairns area, unless u decide to take an extended island cruise (choose very carefully) by making the trip

Edited: 31 July 2013, 22:53
Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
5,150 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two weeks in Palm Cove - trip to Hamilton Island?

I agree with lien, unless you want to sail then its worth it.

The other thing you could do is go to Cooktown and beyond for a few days. Its underrated and very interesting. Alot more up that way to explore.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two weeks in Palm Cove - trip to Hamilton Island?

Hi I've just been to HI for the second time. Stayed at Qualia highly recommend it!

4. Re: Two weeks in Palm Cove - trip to Hamilton Island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2014, 05:17