We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accom at airlie beach

melbourne
4 posts
Save Topic
Accom at airlie beach

going in sept. for my honeymoon and want something nice with kitchen, views and maybe a spa. have narrowed to 3:

portside

watersedge

toscana

can anyone help with some suggestions?

Whitsundays
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Accom at airlie beach

Ruby I actually live just out of Airlie on a few acres, but was born and bred here and done my time on both the islands and the boats. Things are always on the change in Airlie so I'm not always up to date, but who is.

As for working in the travel industry, been there done that, I now drive sugar cane trains aorund The Whitsundays instead of tour boats. I work in the bush, but still play in the water and keep my ears out for whats going on. I have some very good connections and with people I used to work with in various capacities who are very much involved in the industry and we often discuss whats going on over a couple of ales.

The reason I do this is that I love this place and just want to make other people equally happy when they visit. I've seen so much disappointment on people when they arrive and find they've been sold a bad trip or not what they wanted from out of town services that makes money out of The Whitsundays without knowing what they are talking about.

Today, an hour ago, I met a young couple in Proserpine who had been sold a sailing/accomm combo from Hervey Bay and told how good it was. They turned up at Airlie to find their accommodation is at Proserpine 30km's away and that there sailing on one of the worst boats available, and they didn't get it cheap.

That's just wrong!

If I can help anyone make a better time of The Whitsundays I'm quite willing to do it. I don't care if I upset businesses here because they deserve it, if I name there business as being terrible I mean it, and it's up to them to fix it.

As for recommendations, I try to be totally truthful with those as well and give the upsides and downside of whatever I'm reviewing. These are obviously personal observations and what I llike may not suit everyone, but I try to answer the best I can with the info received.

I think if you went over my posts there would not be many things Whitsunday I haven't covered, and a lot of times more than once.

To google Whitsundays and start checking it all yourself is an awesome task with such a variety of options for such a small place it can be very confusing, so if I can help people through that all the better.

Ruby if you ever need advice, I'd be more than happy to help if I can, and for those of you that may have met me on the islands and boats over the years and don't realise it, I'll leave you with a phrase I used commonly while working. Please if you have any questions at all don't heistate to ask, anything we don't know we will make up, but it will all sound very, very good. Luckily I don't follow the same mantra with trip advisor. cheers airlian

12. Re: Accom at airlie beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Airlie Beach