We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hamilton Island One Night

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Hamilton Island One Night

Thank you all for input. We've booked flying into and out of Hamilton so will need to ferry to Abel Point. We are departing from the yacht in Hamilton Island as we've decided to stay the last night on the island before flying out. Trouble is, it seems most places are three night minimum.

From what I can see only the main properties (reef hotel etc) have one night rates. Does anyone know of any Holiday homes/apartments which are happy to let out for one night? We are looking at September so I think it may pay to book now. It will be a Friday night.

Sydney
Level Contributor
563 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hamilton Island One Night

Hi

They do have a 3 night minimum stay on the properties on the island. You could try a google search for private accommodation on Hamilton Island and contact the owners direct and see if they are happy for the 1 night. Also try www.stayz.com.au or www.hamiltonisland.biz and see if they can assist.

I have also just had a look at the main HI website, www.hamiltonisland.com.au and done a search for 1 night accommodation in September.

There is:

-Whitsunday Holiday Apartments (the other highrise next to the Reef Hotel) for $360 / night

-Reef View Hotel $360 / night

-Palm Bungalows $324 / night

Of course, as it is only the 1 night, unfortunately they won't offer any discounts.

Hope this helps!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,315 posts
1,484 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hamilton Island One Night

Not on the Yacht - TWY ??

I would book ahead for September...looks like Barina found some good ones for you...or if Abbey doesn't reply I would PM her as she may also know of others.

EM.

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hamilton Island One Night

We have to leave the yacht on the friday EM and we fly out saturday so a night on the island sounds like fun... we can hit the cocktail lounge !

Yes.. I did the same searches as Barina.. and even on Stayz its 3 night minimim

I just thought some locals may know of places which are perhaps not through agencies .. I've searched the agencies and have come up with the same things Barina has...

Definitely plan on booking now... the Presidential suite sounds good !

4. Re: Hamilton Island One Night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Airlie Beach