We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay close to town

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay close to town

Hi all,

I am looking for good reasonably priced accommodation close to all the shops, restaurants ect, like within 5mins walking distance max. as I want to take my Mum on a holiday but she is quite unwell.

Any input into accomodation close to the centre of town in Airlie Beach would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Whitsundays
Level Contributor
528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay close to town

Hi Kaz,

This page might help: tourismwhitsundays.com.au/destinations/… you can view all the properties on a map to pick the best location. A couple of suggestions are: Whitsunday on the Beach and Airlie Court Holiday Units. They are both centrally located on the main street, amid all the shops and restaurants. Airlie Beach Hotel also deserves a look-in.

For your information, Shute Harbour Road is flat from the western roundabout past the new Port of Airlie marina. Golden Orchid Drive is hilly, and might be a challenge for your mum. The Esplanade is also flat, as is Broadwater Avenue, round to Coral Sea Resort. I wouldn't go any further west than Coral Sea Resort if a 5 minute walk is important, likewise, to the east, the "5 minute walk limit" would be around Boathaven Resort & at Waterfront Whitsunday Retreat.

I hope that information is helpful, happy trip planning!

TW

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
386 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay close to town

Not sure what type of accommodation you are looking for, but we spent a few nights at the Airlie Beach Hotel and were happy with the standard of the room for the price, and the location. It is right in the middle of all the restaurants and shops and close to the lagoon pool. There are also no steep hills to traverse so it may be a good choice for your mum. The more expensive hotel rooms are nicer than the cheaper motel style rooms, but it all depends on what type of accommodation you are after and what your budget is.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay close to town

Didn't stay here but the Coral Sea Resort looked good and an easy flat walk into Airlie along the board walk..

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,191 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay close to town

Coral Sea will not meet the reasonably priced criteria, but it is pretty good. and if you can afford the extra would be my choice (I have stayed there)

somewhere up the hill like Whitsunday terraces is an issue,

look at the very bottom end prices and think backpacker or party scene is prices are cheap when you look at properties

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay close to town

Thanks for all your information guys, appreciate :)

6. Re: Where to stay close to town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 07:16