We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone know about Fun Rentals in Airlie Beach

Which Airlie Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Airlie Beach...
1 post
Save Topic
Does anyone know about Fun Rentals in Airlie Beach

I wish I had read this forum before I went to rent a car. I am a new local to The Whitsundays and am so stunned at this Company, in particular the Manager who hung up on me after they incorrectly overcharged my pre authorisation thus holding up all my funds on my card. I am completely stunned at how offensive and rude this man is as his staff were very nice. I have since found out he has quite a habit and reputation for this type of behaviour and my question is, if this is how he treats the locals, how is treating the tourists that our economy rely on. I have posted this all over lonely planet and Facebook and Twitter so at least 6,000 of my friends know about them. Extremely shocked and disappointed in my new home and it's 'Business' Owners.

Airlie Beach...
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Does anyone know about Fun Rentals in Airlie Beach

6,000 friends, thats impressive! How many of them would you invite to your wedding? I have been living in the Whitsundays for many years now and have never heard a local bagging Fun Rentals out, maybe you got the owner on a bad day? It's not good for tourisim in your new home when you have a go out on sites like these, maybe you should walk into his shop and have a chat...

Airlie Beach...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anyone know about Fun Rentals in Airlie Beach

This is the owner of fun rentals, after 20 phone calls from this lady who did not even rent a car from us accusing us of being theves were we tried and tried to explain to her that a Pre Authorization is money held in her own account and never been credit to our account, this is what happens after 20 calls and getting called a theif ofcourse I will hang up.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does anyone know about Fun Rentals in Airlie Beach

Also had a bad experience from the rude offensive manager. Rough premises, would never hire a dirty stinger suit let alone a car from them again.

Airlie Beach...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does anyone know about Fun Rentals in Airlie Beach

We do not remember any one complaining about stinger suite please let us know when did we serve you Away from home.

australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does anyone know about Fun Rentals in Airlie Beach

wow, how can anyone insult this man and his company?

My 23yr old son has rented motor bikes from him and the owner has always been helpful and polite. We are all doing it tough at the moment and rude comments dont help business.

I have lived here for 20+ years and I have encountered some rude people, but not many. And I certainly wouldnt degrade them on sites, I would personally approach them.

Fun Rentals, " have a prosperous good year"

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does anyone know about Fun Rentals in Airlie Beach

We recently rented a car through Fun Rentals, and everything went smoothly. To be honest we were surprised about the holding amount, as it had not been mentioned on previous day's enquiries, but it worked out just fine. The car worked, it was cheap, and I have no complaints.

In the end we paid less than $100 for the day's rental, which was better than two other backpackers that paid $250+ at Europcar up the road.

7. Re: Does anyone know about Fun Rentals in Airlie Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2014, 07:16