We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Fraser island & Whitsundays.....who???

Which Airlie Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Watford, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Booking Fraser island & Whitsundays.....who???

I'm traveling solo and I am looking at going Airlie and aswell as doing Fraser island, what's the best company to book with online??? And what's the best accomadation at Airlie to stay near the nightlife??

Cheers :)

Level Contributor
15 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Fraser island & Whitsundays.....who???

There are lots of places to stay in airlie that are near the nightlife. Nomads and Base are the more "upper class" places to stay in regards to a backpackers hostel, while Magnums and Beaches are the cheaper options. they're all on the main sreet of airlie though and your never going to be far from the nightlife.

As for Fraser Island - I'd be waiting until you got into airlie Beach before you booked anything. Airlie Beach is made up of a lot of travel agents, each who will be willing to beat another companies price. All the agents are well-informed and generally won't cheat you out of anything.

Hope this was a bit of help.

Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
12,006 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Fraser island & Whitsundays.....who???

Hi Helen,

Personally I haven't been on a Fraser Island tour, as we drive ourselves. But have a look at the link below, it might help when booking Fraser Island. You will enjoy Fraser, It's a real gem.

tripadvisor.com/…41858768

Cheers Robert

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Fraser island & Whitsundays.....who???

Great, thanks for your help guys. Just another question, sorry!! I only got 2 weeks to spend in Oz, I wanna do this but also go to Sydney and Melnbourne....any recommendations on what is the best order and easier way to do it, cost isn't an issue, its just time that is!! What is the nearest airport to Airlie beach??

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Fraser island & Whitsundays.....who???

fly into melbourne, then sydney then brisbane (for fraser) then the whits.

2 airports for airlie, proserpine or hamilton island (ferry ride to airlie).

return home from brisbane.

that's a lot to do in 2 weeks.

drop melbourne or sydney.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking Fraser island & Whitsundays.....who???

Thank you for advice and mini plan :)

Canandaigua
Level Contributor
719 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking Fraser island & Whitsundays.....who???

I think you are planning too much as well.

I would fly into Melbourne and drive to Sydney, taking one week, then fly to Proserpine and spend 3-5 days in the Whitsundays/Airlie, then fly to Brisbane and home. If you like partying, there is a lot of nightlife on the Gold Coast near Brisbane, tho Brisbane itself has many clubs and an active party scene.

The distances are huge and driving is slow. Roads aren't very good and there are lots of speed cameras, so don't expect to drive faster than the limit.

7. Re: Booking Fraser island & Whitsundays.....who???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2013, 06:16