We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best honeymoon accommodation in Airlie

Which Airlie Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
8 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Best honeymoon accommodation in Airlie

My fiance and I are looking at Airlie Beach and Hamilton Island for our honeymoon next year (June). Can anyone recommend some luxurious, private accommodation NOT near the backpacker part of Airlie? We want to stay for maybe 4 or 5 nights then head to Hamilton Island for a few nights. Ideally somewhere with no kids (no offence to anyone!) and a nice pool, preferably with a swim up bar and no more than 10mins walk into the main district as we want to be able to go for dinners and to bars etc Our top picks so far are Pinnacles, Martinique and Waters Edge.

Any advise would be much appreciated!

Edited: 19 February 2014, 05:17
airliebeach
Level Contributor
150 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best honeymoon accommodation in Airlie

I would suggest Peninsula. They are right on water at Abel Point Marina, very nice outlook and flash apartments. Its a little more than 10 minutes walking around to town. I would say 20 minutes. Heck hire a car or a scooter. You won't be disappointed with these apartments.

Level Contributor
8 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best honeymoon accommodation in Airlie

Thanks for your reply!

Peninsula looks nice to, do you know much about the others I mentioned?

airliebeach
Level Contributor
150 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best honeymoon accommodation in Airlie

Hi again, Pinnacles, Martinique & Waters Edge are all wonderful locations. Up a big hill in Airlie Beach overlooking the water. They are all self contained apartments, they lack the wow factor that you were chasing for a honeymoon. However somewhat cheaper in price as well.

4. Re: Best honeymoon accommodation in Airlie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2015, 06:17