We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney to Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
Sydney to Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands

Hello,

I am traveling with one other adult. We are flying to Sydney and then flying from Sydney to Hamilton Islands Airport (HTI). We are booking a three-day tour with AirlieBeach.com. We have never travelled to Australia before and I know that there are 74 Islands around the Whitsunday's. Can anyone give me advice about getting from the HTI airport to Abel Point Marina (where the tour departs)?

We are currently planning on taking a ferry from Hamilton Island Airport to Abel Point (I assume that's on the Airlie Beach mainland) and staying at a hostel. They next two nights we will be at a hostel with the touring company. Any information regarding ferries, nightlife, dining, tour packages, hostels, etc. would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

1. Re: Sydney to Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Airlie Beach