We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From dandenong to melbourne...driving time in early hours??

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
From dandenong to melbourne...driving time in early hours??

trying to find a hotel and found one here...how long would it take to drive from PI to here, then from here to melbourne??

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From dandenong to melbourne...driving time in early hours??

You wouldnt catch me staying in Dandenong in a hotel...seriously, you would be better off just coming back into the city centre. It would be less than an hour to keep going

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From dandenong to melbourne...driving time in early hours??

finally managed to book a room at silver waters. will then make the drive from PI early next morning.

will aim to leave at 5.30am. Hopefully this will be early enough to catch an 8.30am flight to hamilton.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,754 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From dandenong to melbourne...driving time in early hours??

dandenong to melbourne early hrs b4 traffic build up, prob 45 min.

dandenong is ok, which hotel you got in dandenong??

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From dandenong to melbourne...driving time in early hours??

now all sorted so will be staying just outside phillip island. a longer drive in the morning but i prefer that as it will be light...i hope!!)

East Gippsland
Level Contributor
3,967 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From dandenong to melbourne...driving time in early hours??

Leave PI at least by 4.30 - gives you more time to dispose of vehicle and do the check in. Even time for a coffee and breakfast..

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From dandenong to melbourne...driving time in early hours??

will do. cheers!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From dandenong to melbourne...driving time in early hours??

hi there

we drove from west gippsland, about 20kms closer to the city than san remo to the airport in june, leaving at 5am and hit traffic snarls on the monash freeway at that time... We got to the airport close to 7.30am. I can only imagine with all the roadworks going on that it may be worse now. If you are leaving from cowes I would suggest leaving as early as possible, or perhaps staying in a cheap hotel in Cranbourne might make it a little better.

hope this helps.

8. Re: From dandenong to melbourne...driving time in early hours??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 18:18
Get answers to your questions about Dandenong