We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip from Sydney to Jindabyne

Ampang, Wilayah...
1 post
Save Topic
Trip from Sydney to Jindabyne

I plan a trip from Sydney to Jindabyne on the 16 August. I intend to stop over Ulladulla for one night and continue my trip to Jindabyne next morning. Are there any interesting place to visit in Ulladulla.

7 replies to this topic
South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip from Sydney to Jindabyne

interesting places in Ulladulla?

not too many.

the wharf and fish coop, warden head lighthouse, Milton township, cupitts winery, dunn and lewis centre (bowling), lots of nice beaches to walk on, a few clubs to visit, some reasonable restaurants, a cinema ( 2 screens).......that's about it.

I would have thought u might have wanted to get a bit further than Ulladulla the first night eg. Narooma or Bermagui. the trip over brown mountain can be slow.

Edited: 04 August 2013, 11:59
South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip from Sydney to Jindabyne

and once over the mountain I suggest getting to Jindabyne via the Snowy River Way thru Dalgety.

it's a great drive.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,060 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip from Sydney to Jindabyne

Agree with lien. Sydney to Ulladulla is what? 2.5 hours? Ulladulla to Jindabyne - about 4 hours drive with no stops. Would certainly recommend getting further south on your first day unless you have some particular reason for stopping in Ulladulla. I would second Narooma or even Merimbula. Bermagui is a bit dull unless you are into fishing - particularly at this time of year. We were just down there last weekend and nearly everything is shut down for winter and even the bottle shop closes at 6pm.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,794 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip from Sydney to Jindabyne

How about just travelling via Canberra. It is a shorter route and Canberra has plenty of interesting things to see and do for a stop over.

Oz
Level Contributor
12,887 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip from Sydney to Jindabyne

Hi,

I too would go via Canberra in preference to the south coast in winter. There are reasons most things are closed as tez points out.

Cheers,

Edited: 05 August 2013, 04:18
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
748 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip from Sydney to Jindabyne

The Jervis Bay area would be a better stopover than Ulladulla - even though it's cold in winter and not swimming weather, the area is still very scenic and we've had some unusually warm weather this winter. Morton National Park is near Milton and Ulladulla if you really want to stay there and to see something - though most of the attractions are a bit inland on dirt roads (= not suitable for hire cars unless you have a 4WD).

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
16,726 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip from Sydney to Jindabyne

Just driving through Canberra gives you a good view of Lake Burley Griffin, Parliament House, the War Memorial etc. It's a quicker trip and in winter would be my preference. Maybe stop at some of the places for a photo op. And go to Red Hill Lookout for a view over the city.

http://tinyurl.com/lh87cx7

Edited: 05 August 2013, 23:26
Reply to: Trip from Sydney to Jindabyne
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ulladulla