We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in caloundra

south west
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
Things to do in caloundra

Hi, I'm going to caloundra to stay with a friend at the end of august. She will be working some of the time that I am there and so I will be left to entertain myself. How easy is it to get around and what can I get up to there? any trips or must do things. I have never been before. Thanks

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,038 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in caloundra

Caloundra is a great relaxing place to stay.

Be sure to get up in the hinterland areas of Peachester, Maleny, Montville and Flaxton. Beautiful.

Actually, HappyQ has done a great list of ideas:

Check em out:

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i16850-Out_Abou…

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in caloundra

It really depends where she lives in Caloundra, it is a beautiful town but reasonably quiet, not a lot to do to entertain yourself unless you like to surf, fish or go to the RSL club... lol

With a car you will be able to get around and enjoy the surrounding areas.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
136 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do in caloundra

Hi

There is a good local bus service which operates around town and also runs up and down the coast .

The shopping here is I think equal to brisbane.

There are are some nice walks around the beaches infact you can walk from currimundi to the end of Pelican Waters.

Which covers Dicky Beach, Moffat Beach, Shelly Beach, Kings Beach ,Bulcock Beach and Golden Beach.

There is a race course (horses) which has a meeting at least every Sunday and some mid week .

If you caught the bus to Noosa you would see lots of the coast and have no trouble filling your day in Hastings Street (main street)and the beach.

Enjoy your stay

Pete

4. Re: Things to do in caloundra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 03:21