We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Beach (Collins Street) Coloundra

Gold Coast
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Golden Beach (Collins Street) Coloundra

We are a large family looking to holiday together in November. We have discovered this great home for rent at Golden Beach but of course in picture form only.

Any ideas on what is around, as in corner store/supermarket, pub, restaurant etc.

We have been to Mooloolaba etc but haven't actually been to Golden Beach.

Is it a good place for us (8 adults, 4 kids - 11, 5, 4, 2), we like the idea of the flat water as apposed to the rolling surf, but any other ideas would be really greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Denise

Mentioned in this post
Golden Beach
Golden Beach
Caloundra, Australia
Mooloolaba
Mooloolaba
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Beach (Collins Street) Coloundra

Hi antdenise

Collins Lane is in a good position close to the water and to the small shopping centre at Golden Beach. It has a small IGA type supermarket, hot bread shop, fruit shop. Fantastic Italian Restaurant, chinese restaurant, fish & chips, cafes and bootle shop. Two minutes drive is the Coles shopping centre.

Golden Beach is so opposite to Mooloolaba I hope you wont be shocked. It is a beautiful sleepy village type atmosphere. I love it especially for kids. They have the best parks dotted along the foreshore, plenty of BBQs on the beachfront.

Bills Boats has tinnies for hire and crazy bikes the kids will love.

For a Moolooba type holiday experience you can drive around to Kings Beach for a day trip in a couple of minutes. They have fantastic Kids water play area, Fresh Sea Water Pool and great parks.

Regards Cinders4551

Mentioned in this post
Golden Beach
Golden Beach
Caloundra, Australia
Kings Beach
Kings Beach
Caloundra, Australia
Gold Coast
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Beach (Collins Street) Coloundra

Thank you so much Cinders. I really appreciate your advice, this will really help us. WE are looking for the laid back type holiday as we will mostly spend time in the home.

Thanks again. I think we are going to go for it.

Den

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
6,228 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Beach (Collins Street) Coloundra

Hi antdenise

Had to wait for a local to tell you about Collins Lane, as I couldn't find it on my map.

But I have to tell you we're real fans of Golden Beach - we're going for our 4th trip in October. The last couple of times we've stayed at the Jetty Apartments and love the walks along the residential section away from Caloundra.

The shopping centre at Pelican Waters if good - we walk from where we stay.

The Italian restaurant/takeaway on the ground floor at Golden Beach shops is excellent and allows byo. We don't recommend the one upstairs (piccollo??) would never go there again.

Am sure you'll have a great time.

Mentioned in this post
Golden Beach
Golden Beach
Caloundra, Australia
4. Re: Golden Beach (Collins Street) Coloundra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 13:15