We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are you all OK after the floods?

Which Caloundra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,720 posts
228 reviews
Save Topic
Are you all OK after the floods?

Hi Caloundra and Golden Beach residents

Hope you're all OK after the terrible weather and floods.

I read about the naval base - am wondering if the Power Boat Club is OK and also the Jetty Apartments where we stay.

Queensland
Level Contributor
662 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are you all OK after the floods?

I think the Sunshine Coast area is ok Brisbane has been affected much worse with lots of flooding, now the northern rivers area of New South Wales is flooding, with Grafton being evacuated today.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
14,450 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are you all OK after the floods?

Thinking of those affected :-(

East Gippsland
Level Contributor
3,967 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are you all OK after the floods?

I wish you could send us some of your flood waters down south and probably inland. What a waste. Do hope all TAers are safe. And all our OP's are not caught up in it after us posting how fine the weather is up that way at this time of year.

Thinking of you .

Queensland
Level Contributor
662 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are you all OK after the floods?

lilibet just thought I'd give you an update,more wild weather has hit the coast, all the caravan parks on the sunshine coast (beachfront) have been evacuated including Golden Beach, with a king tide tonight they are expecting floods to all the low lying areas, lots of Brisbane suburbs are expecting floods and the Gold Coast is coping a battering with the beaches closed, the high tide is causing very bad erosion on some beaches.

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,720 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are you all OK after the floods?

Thanks for the update, Ella. I actually saw that on the news websites about the evacuation of the camping grounds.

There doesn't seem to be any news today about what actually happened. Hopefully it wasn't as bad as everyone expected.

6. Re: Are you all OK after the floods?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2009, 05:33