We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rolling Surf Resort

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Rolling Surf Resort

Hi all

Just wondering if there is anyone who has stayted at the Rolling Surf Resort and had one of the apartments with the roof top spa.I can't seem to find any photos - and it's risky to book without knowing exactly what I am getting. We have never been to the Sunshine Coast before and I would greatly appreciate anyone's feedback/recommendations of a Romantic place to stay - we don't have a car so close location to shops/restaurants is a must!

Thanks

Rebecca

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rolling Surf Resort

Hi Rebecca,

I have stayed at the RSR and loved it. Unfortunately I didn't get to eyeball the Spa rooms. All of which were booked out when I stayed there. The RSR is located in a quiet area of Caloundra and I would say that it would be much better if you had a vehicle. At least for some of your stay.

The Sunshine Coast is very spread out, as are the major attractions. A hire car is very desirable.

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rolling Surf Resort

Hi Rebecca,

I may be wrong but I have always considered the Rolling Surf to be more a family destination as opposed to a romantic getaway.

Have you thought about Noosa or Mooloolaba? Just from a proximity perspective these areas have in regards to shops and restaurants without the need for a car.

Oscar

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rolling Surf Resort

Rolling Surf Resort is great. The location on Kings Beach cannot be beaten IMO. But I'm not sure that it's really the spot for a romantic getaway without a car.

Caloundra is quite spread out. There are a couple of restaurants near RSR but the main restaurant strip would be a 10-15 minute walk away. The grocery store even further.

Have a look at Noosa Heads or Mooloolaba for convenience to shops and restaurants without a car.

Caloundra
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rolling Surf Resort

I've not seen the rooftop room spa's, I know the bottom floor beach front courtyard units have a private outdoor spa & one in the room, It's a romantic and relaxing resort to stay at, School holidays are busy, there's 2 good cafe/restaurants, ice cream & takeaway shops right at the front of the resort, 3 other good restaurants a tavern & a convenience store within a couple of minutes of the resort, 10 minutes walk to the main town and cinemas, Kings Beach also has a Surf club 1 minute away on the beach, the bus stop is 1 minute from the resort they run every half hour and can take you to Noosa, Maroochydore, Mooloolaba or Australia zoo (the zoo has its own bus and will pick you up free). If Kings Beach is to windy a five minute bus ride or (15 minute walk) can drop you to Moffat Beach with more Cafes shops and it will not be windy. Caloundra has a fantastic beach front walk that goes around the headland from Pelican waters to Currimundi lake, you can always find a quiet place to relax at the northern end of Shelly Beach. Hope this helps.

5. Re: Rolling Surf Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2010, 05:16