We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aspect, Rolling Surf, Pumicestone any other Caloundra ideas?

New Zealand
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Aspect, Rolling Surf, Pumicestone any other Caloundra ideas?

My hubbie and are off to Caloundra early Sept 09 all the reviews I have read on accomm have been for 2008 back. Has anyone stayed at these recently and what are your comments or other suggestions. Looking for romantic and relaxing, ocean views wanted but beach will only be walked on. Thanks for any input.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
693 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aspect, Rolling Surf, Pumicestone any other Caloundra ideas?

try brand new resort in town, Rumba. there's another one as well will get name tomorrow when I go up town.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
693 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aspect, Rolling Surf, Pumicestone any other Caloundra ideas?

Aspect is the other one. So go for Rumba or aspect, both within the same area over looking pumistone passage. Which is the best outlook in Caloundra.

New Zealand
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Aspect, Rolling Surf, Pumicestone any other Caloundra ideas?

Thanks, I have great response from both Aspect and Rumba and all 3 offered good deals. It was a hard choice. Rumba came back with the best deal and really went out of their way to accomodate us. I will let you know (or this forum)after our stay what the final verdict is/was. So far very impressed with the customer service shown.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
693 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aspect, Rolling Surf, Pumicestone any other Caloundra ideas?

for me I'd go Rumba. it has unprecedented view of the passage,plus brand new and looking for bookings.

at the moment the weather is pristine, almost like summer not winter, today we had 29oC! not winter weather.

Caloundra
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Aspect, Rolling Surf, Pumicestone any other Caloundra ideas?

I'd go Rolling Surf resort on Kings Beach, much more romantic and relaxing, the other places have very busy roads in front of them, Rumba has none stop traffic in front on the weekends, Aspect is near a Pub, the Rolling surf just has a beach in front of it no roads to cross, its about a 10 minute walk to Caloundra's main st and cinemas.

UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aspect, Rolling Surf, Pumicestone any other Caloundra ideas?

I am on holiday here in Caloundra and walked passed Rumba today and there is building works going on on the promenade. I wouldn't have wanted to stop there. Pneumatic drills going on. Notice stays work going on for 27 weeks.

I would check that out before you book

Cheeks

New Zealand
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Aspect, Rolling Surf, Pumicestone any other Caloundra ideas?

Thanks so much will email and find out what is going on. Really appreciate your input.

UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aspect, Rolling Surf, Pumicestone any other Caloundra ideas?

Just noticed that the Aspect looks over where I am staying and is very close. Looks really nice and a great location ie not busy and only a short walk to restaurants etc

It has buildings in front of it so suspect the higher rooms would have the sea views but again check this out

Cheeks

Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aspect, Rolling Surf, Pumicestone any other Caloundra ideas?

We stayed at the Rumba recently. We paid top dollar for their Penthouse suite. The room was very well appointed with large spa bathroom.

Overall though we were disappointed. The views of the passage etc... were nice but you look over the top of two other buildings + all their air conditioner units etc...

Lights from the walkways directly outside the bedroom coupled with inadequate window blinds gave the impression it was an early morning sunrise throughout the night!

Getting hold of reception out of hours was impossible. They did remove one of the globes (light bulbs) once we got hold of them but other lights in the same area still kept us awake. We tried to call on 3 separate occasions times get someone in the middle of our second night but no joy!

I mentioned these points to Lea (on reception) during check out and was told that they knew about the problem and that I should detail my complaint in an email - which I did over a week ago. This has not yet been answered.

Like YakMac we were looking for a relaxing stay for a couple of nights. We were glad to get home!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aspect, Rolling Surf, Pumicestone any other Caloundra ideas?

We are currently staying at Rumba. If I were you I would make sure to get a room on the front, as the rooms overlooking the pool are very noisy in the morning (we are on the very end and have a view to the ocean, but we are on the back set of units). The pool opens at 6 am and little kids' squeeling voices echo around the whole interior of the resort, making sleeping in impossible unless all of your doors and windows are shut tight (there is ducted air con) and you're not a light sleeper. We've also had the cleaner with the high pressure sprayer cleaning the ground floor levels for the past 1.5 hours, so Friday is not a quiet afternoon either. That being said, the resort is beautiful, and one of the pools is heated. We have a spa tub and a coffee machine in our room which is cool. And the staff are very helpful. It is a great location, very close to Bulcock Street and a short walk to Kings Beach. We are thinking next time of staying at Cerulean, which is right next door and has fabulous views, but haven't checked the TA reviews yet.