We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation

Denman, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation

Hi - Has anyone stayed at Sandy Shores Apartments at Golden Beach or Burgess @ Kings Beach? Any pros or cons on these two? We'll be travelling without children.

Thanks.

1. Re: Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 June 2014, 06:04
Broadbeach...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation

Hi there, yes we recently stayed there and I wouldn't even contemplate on Sandy Shores....the apartment we stayed in was falling apart. and then the management had the cheek to try and charge for the maintenance. golden Beach is a lovely quiet area yet still so close to shops and restaurants....but I am sure there are better accommodation options available. although the price looked like good value it ended up costing us more than we bargained for....

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
6,105 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation

Hi

I know that Sandy Shores is across a road from the water, but that's all I know.

Kings Beach and Golden Beach are two completely different areas. But if you are thinking of Golden Beach have you considered the Jetty Apartments? Spacious apartments, right on the water.

http://www.thejettyapartments.com.au/

nz
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,105 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation

Goodness, have realised that the OP was in 2011 as was Rob T's reply.

Should not have replied to Dan S. Don't know how and why he dredged up that old post. It should have been closed by TA long ago.

South Coast NSW
Level Contributor
17 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation

Hi, I am looking for accommodation near Caloundra Power Boat Club (Golden Beach) as I am attending a function.... 2 Adults & 1 teenager Can you advise. Thank you :-)

nz
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,105 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation

Hi greville

The closest accommodation to the Power Boat Club is the Jetty Apartments - very good apartments - it's where we stay.

However, any of the resorts in Golden Beach itself - Gemini Resort, Riviere, Moorings or Worldmark are full service resorts within easy walking distance to the Power Boat Club.

Hope this helps.

South Coast NSW
Level Contributor
17 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation

Thank you so much nzlilibet Yes that does help... I was researching those apartments.. It is always good to know you are booking the correct area.

Grevillea

Te Awamutu, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation

We have stayed at Windward Passage at Golden Beach and were more than happy. HIgher levels give the most amazing uninterrupted view and the nice thing about all along this beach is there is no road between you and the water. We enjoy this side as you face east/north-east whereas round on the Caloundra side you are facing south so you lose your sun (if you even got any). Secure underground parking, secure lift access.

nz
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,105 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation

Windward Passage is, indeed, good accommodation although we found the traffic noise very disturbing. The top floors have very good views, but the lower ones now have views blocked by vegetation planted and maintained by the local council.

However, it is at the Caloundra end of Golden Beach and is quite a distance from the Golden Beach shops and resorts. It is not within walking distance of the Power Boat Club which grevillea was enquiring about.

10. Re: Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2017, 17:18