We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Caloundra Getaway

Brisbane
2 posts
Save Topic
Romantic Caloundra Getaway

Anyone got any recommendations of a place to stay in Caloundra that is both reasonably priced, but also lends itself to a bit of romance? Hoping to take my partner away for 2 nights in February and would prefer somewhere with a spa bath in the room - have been looking into La Promenade, but just wondering whether anyone has stayed here and what their opinion of it was?

Otherwise, any other suggestions?

1. Re: Romantic Caloundra Getaway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 June 2010, 09:35
Brisbane
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Caloundra Getaway

Hi there. We ended up staying at La Promenade and I would definitely recommend it - the rooms are beautiful and spacious and have a spa bath in the lounge room. We had one of the waterfront rooms which gave us fantastic views across the ocean that were able to be seen whether you sat on the balcony, on the bed towards the back of the room or in the spa/lounge area - just lovely. We didn't end up trying it, but there was also a nice cafe downstairs attached to the hotel that had delicious-looking food at reasonable prices.

Overall, very clean and private, plenty of space for 2 and exactly what I was looking for. We ended up getting a good deal for 2 nights on www. wotif.com so have a look and see if you can grab yourself a cheaper deal.

Just one thing - not sure if you're familiar with Caloundra at all. It's not really the most exciting place to visit, but it's great if you're just looking for somewhere to go to relax and enjoy some leisurely strolls along the beachfront or through some national park. I definitely wouldn't stay there during the school holidays though, particularly if you're wanting a quiet romantic holiday, as it's very popular with families and children during these times and tends to get quite noisy.

Hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did!

3. Re: Romantic Caloundra Getaway

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 June 2010, 23:39
Queensland
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Caloundra Getaway

October 2008

Recently stayed at la Promenade after seeing website stating it 4.5 star and boutique.....unfortunately it also turned out to be dirty, the kitchenette did not even have a toaster and consisted of a small microwave and portable double electric hot plate which was very rusty.

The cane/wicker furniture was broken and dirty, the upholstery needed a good clean and with one exception, Margaret, the reception staff were rude and unhelpful.

Go somewher else - there are plenty of great places in Caloundra !

Auckland
Level Contributor
2 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic Caloundra Getaway

I can tell you where to stay and where to go for dinner. Stay at the Breakfree Grand Pacific Resort. It right across the road from the La Promenade and has fab views. Copy and past this into your web browser and this is a picture you can view.

sunshinecoast.com/grand_pacific/BreakFree_Gr…

Ask for a room with a view NOT the rooms that have no view. We stayed at the La Promenade and looked at buying one of these units. The Pool is nice. There's a board walk in front and fab Fish & Chip place down stairs. Now. Dinner. You HAVE to go to Alfeies (Upstairs) you can walk there. Make sure you ask for table on the balcony, then walk back to the Grand Pacific )on the board walk and you'll be thinking. MY GOD. I'm happy I read this message. Good luck !

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,154 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic Caloundra Getaway

Check out the rooftop apartments at the Rolling Surf Resort, Kings Beach. Some have a rooftop spa bath.

Great spot.

http://www.rollingsurfresort.com.au/

Mentioned in this post
Rolling Surf Resort
Rolling Surf Resort
265 Reviews
Caloundra, Australia
Kings Beach
Kings Beach
Caloundra, Australia
7. Re: Romantic Caloundra Getaway

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 22:17