We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food and Itenary recommendation

Which Mooloolaba hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
melbourne
3 posts
Save Topic
Food and Itenary recommendation

Hi everybody,

My partner and I will be visiting the Sunshine Coast for the first time. We will be driving up to Mooloolaba and I am seriously excited.

We will be driving up on Friday afternoon and will be checking out on Sunday. We have booked the Landmark Resort.

Can anybody recommend any good value restaurants? We are interested in good value and good food.

Any recommendation on where to visit around the Sunshine Coast? We probably will visit Eumundi to have a sticky beak and then we are not sure what to do on Saturday and Sunday.

Our aim is to have a relaxing holiday and not do alot of rushing around. I will definitely be going to the beach for a swim/stroll or run!

Thanks everybody. Just a few more sleeps.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,076 posts
1,389 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food and Itenary recommendation

Hi kikks and welcome to TA,

I have stayed at the landmark numerous times and have always enjoyed my visits..Its located in a prime position directly across the road from the beach and heaps of restaurants / cafés are basically connected to the hotel.

The restaurants I have enjoyed whilst visiting Mool are >

1. The surf club directly opposite the Landmark is fabulous.

2. Augello's - for pizza (waterfront)

3. Spagalinis - at the Marina Wharf.

4. Casablanca - Italian along the promenade from the Landmark.

5. Hog's Breath Café - does a great steak.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,133 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food and Itenary recommendation

If you are going to drive up to Eumundi ( very worthwhile by the way) then do the whole 'loop' and drive back down via Noosa and the coast road. You will pass through Perigian & Coolum beaches which are both great and full of little cafes and have stunning beaches.

Also when you come over the bridge at the Maroochy River take the first turn left into Maroochydore -again this will take you via a more scenic route along the river to Cotton Tree ( gorgeous - but walk around, especially at the mouth of the river behind the caravan park, and perhaps try to have lunch at The Boatshed), and then you will drive along Alexander Headland back to Mooloolaba.

All well signed so you should be fine, but this way you see most of the best spots on the entire Sunshine Coast in one afternoon.

have fun, its paradise.

melbourne
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Food and Itenary recommendation

Thanks for all your recommendations :)

I can't wait!!

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,021 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food and Itenary recommendation

Another fantastic drive is from Mooloolaba to Landsborough near Beerwah (Australia Zoo), up the mountain to Maleny (hippyville), Mary Cairncross Park/Look-out, then Montville for lunch (fantastic), Flaxton, Nambour then return to Mooloolaba.

Can be done in half a day.

The hinterland area is so beautiful and not to be missed.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food and Itenary recommendation

I was at Mooloolaba just yesterday and it was glorious! The weather is great at the moment. The surf is still a little chilly but you get used to it...

The surf club has fantastic food so you can't go wrong there. For yummy brekkies, lunches and juices/smoothies try Raw Energy. So delicious!

Mooloolaba...
Level Contributor
397 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food and Itenary recommendation

If you're staying at the Landmark, definitely try Hot Pipi's - great food at a fair price. Also, if you are driving up to Eumundi, go on the Saturday, early and check out the markets which are fabulous. They are also on a Wednesday morning too.

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,249 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food and Itenary recommendation

Next to Hot Pippi's is Bellissimo. Great food. I have been to Hot Pippi's a couple of times and have left rather disappointed. Bland and expensive. I'd use it to do there takeaway fish and chips though.

Bellissimo often do a lunch deal. I expected to get what I payed for but it was so much better. In fact the Chicken Pamagana was so big I didn't think I'd get through it. About $16 with a beer or wine to my memory.

Eumundi Markets are open Wednesdays and Saturdays till about 2pm. Its a nice drive up to Montville and Maleny. A great pot to eat up at Montville is Pennyfarthings.

regards

Oscar

8. Re: Food and Itenary recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 02:16