We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help please with quiet location sunshine coast

Which Mooloolaba hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
135 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Help please with quiet location sunshine coast

Has been aprox 15 years since I have been to Sunshine coast and I no idea which area to book accommodation as it has just expanded so much.

We were looking for somewhere quiet at Mooloolaba so the main drag is out because it is likely to be too noisy and expensive.

Should we consider going elsewhere to find the peace and quiet

A location out of main tourist strip isnt a problem as we will have our car.

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,522 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help please with quiet location sunshine coast

Well you are in for a surprise as i would say the population has more than doubled and not necessarily for the better.

Options out of the main stream are Marcoola about halfway to Mt Coolum, perhaps Mt Coolum or Peregian.

closer to Mooloolaba is Cotton Tree or Picnic point at Maroochydore.

Melboune
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help please with quiet location sunshine coast

I endorse Cotton Tree. It was certainly quiet when we were there, especially in the evenings, but that was at a non-peak time. It has a nice shopping strip and some OK restaurants (the Boat Shed is very trendy). The surf club has acceptable club food, and there are a couple of other clubs in the area as well. Sunshine Plaza is within walking distance if you need a retail fix.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help please with quiet location sunshine coast

Cotton Tree is a favourite of ours too. A lovely spot with some great cafes and right where the river meets the sea..;-)

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help please with quiet location sunshine coast

I would also agree with Cotton Tree, it is just that little bit quieter yet not too far to Mooloolaba's main drag or the big shopping centre.

Australia
Level Contributor
135 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help please with quiet location sunshine coast

Many thanks for the advice.

It really helps with our plans .

We will be in area during off peak and Cottontree sounds perfect.

Coolum Beach
Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help please with quiet location sunshine coast

There are quiet options in Mooloolaba and still within walking distance to town. check out the apartments along Parkyn Parade on the Spit ( just not too close to the Wharf Tavern), also the southern end of River Esplanade is a no through road, Excellsior Apartments has nice river views and is close to everything.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help please with quiet location sunshine coast

Another alternative is Alexandra Headland, which is inbetween Mooloolaba and Cotton Tree. We love the Mirage, which is one street back from the main drag overlooking a lovely lake. Being here means you can walk to either Cotton Tree or Mooloolaba and the beach at Alex is really good. Lovely and quiet position, but you can still just park your car and walk everywhere. PM me if you would like any more details.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
128 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help please with quiet location sunshine coast

I like Kings Beach at Caloundra - it is very quiet and has a family feel to it...great water park for the kids on the beachfront and great walking track.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,894 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help please with quiet location sunshine coast

Coolum beach is an even quieter alternative, only 20 min drive to maroochydore or noosa, 30 min to eumundi markets. Lovely apartments overlooking the ocean, variety of shops and restaurants walking distance. Cotton tree is very good as mentioned, coolum is a more laid back relaxed beach town.

10. Re: Help please with quiet location sunshine coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2011, 04:17