We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best beach hotel

Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
best beach hotel

2 Seniors, like to walk on beach, will have 5 days in Sunshine Beach in February, looking at Coco Mooloolaba , Mantra Sirocca and Sailport as possible apartments. Any suggestions for me. We have also considered Noosa but everything there near the beach seems prohibitively expensive. I have been looking at La Mer on Sunshine Beach as another alternative although the prices there also seem to be at the high end of my budget. We will have a car but it would be nice to be able to walk to shops and restaurants.

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,254 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best beach hotel

I can only comment on the Sirrocco out of these. They are furnished for style rather than comfort and the swimming pool is right at the front underneath the balconies so if you get noisy kids in the pool everybody hears them. Check next door at the Zanzibar which is also run by Mantra. The furnishings are starting to date though.

Oscar

Edited: 16 November 2010, 23:53
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,495 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best beach hotel

Try Mirage at Alexandra Headland. In between Mooloolaba and Maroochydore/Cotton tree, with lovely walks in both directions. Beautiful and quiet at night, and no road noise which can be a problem along the front.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,888 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best beach hotel

Try 84 the spit at moloolaba absolute beachfront no roads to cross and great views.

Did you they Costa lot err I mean Costa Nova next to La Mer?

4. Re: best beach hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2011, 06:42