We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just how different has it become

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
29,765 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Just how different has it become

The last time I was there they were busy turning Mooloolaba from the lovely little bakery and Italian coffee shop into flash wine bars and building up towards the beach at the far end.

Is it all built up now? Or did the far end get left as the beautiful quiet area it was?

Its a long way to come to find its not there.

I am more the take fresh bread and cheese and top coffee onto the beach.

Can't be doing with fancy chairs and aquariums when you've got soft sand and a crystal clear ocean.

Sould like to go back but dreading that it has all been completely spoilt.

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,254 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just how different has it become

Try Coolum Beach, May be just what the doctor ordered. Try Jonathan M Patisserie.

Oscar

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,560 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just how different has it become

Mooloolaba & nearbys still has the best beach options in all weathers ( it has been the wettist year on record) and the locals prefer the Cotton tree area for that away from sanitisation that is endemic in Zoo-loolaba.

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,560 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just how different has it become

interesting aside .......is that amidst the rain and inclemancy I went to Peregian for a lunchy type Sunday and was mightly impressed. it did remind me of an early mooloolaba without the sea view and there were some pert shops and the dinning was flourishing. Place called Pitchfork was chokkers and the Poetry Bakery was well patronised....throw in raw Energy...Wahoo....The Peregian Pub is no slouch....and Zaccharies for a Schooner n pizza. All in all perhaps the place you were looking for....just find the Accom to suit.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,135 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just how different has it become

Exactly Mausgrass ! I've been saying that for a while now.....the best little shops are in Peregian now too.

Perhaps we should keep it a secret -there isnt much left after all ? :-(

5. Re: Just how different has it become

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2011, 05:22