We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Mooloolaba in early Aug

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Weather in Mooloolaba in early Aug

Hi - I'm wondering what the weather is like for Mooloolaba in early August. Is it too cold for swimming?

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,550 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Mooloolaba in early Aug

.......to cold for anyone other than kiwis or Victorians.....should have the beach to your self.

Can get the Ekka Winds which are a cold westerlie in August.....in fact just about every August

Broadford, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Mooloolaba in early Aug

I'm a Victorian married to Kiwi and I can second mausgrass here. Only place is would get wet outside that time of year is in a heated spa.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Mooloolaba in early Aug

i dont know. we must be breeding wimps these days.

we used to surf the sunshine coast all year round in the 60s. pre wet suit days, a foot ball jumper kept the winter winds off.

;-)

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,550 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Mooloolaba in early Aug

those days men were men.....and some of them knew it ??

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
92 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Mooloolaba in early Aug

August is probably the least beach friendly month of the year, cold & windy - sorry.

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Mooloolaba in early Aug

Ohhh that's disappointing. To all the other posts we are victorians, so I had my hopes up early, but some of you have doused those flames....which is exactly why we're seeking the advice if others. May need to head further north for a trip.

qld australia
Level Contributor
272 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Mooloolaba in early Aug

actually curiousMKL it's not that bad,as they say we do get the westerlies in august, but that dosen't mean we get them every day, plus there are a lot of beaches that are protected from the westerlies, like mooloolaba and main beach at noosa, i don't really go to caloundra but i sure there would be beaches there which are protected as well. also august is usually beautiful and sunny.the only two months i don't swim here are june and july and i am a queenslander born and bred.if august is the only month you can come then go for it and enjoy your holiday.

england
Level Contributor
28 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in Mooloolaba in early Aug

I've just been chatting to my friend who emigrated to Mooloolaba - its lovely and warm and sunny at the moment - they posted some pictures to me and they are all wearing short and t-shirts - can't be that cold!

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,550 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in Mooloolaba in early Aug

C 9 to C 25 today.....been the coldest winter i can remember tho.

No rain for 3 weeks.

england
Level Contributor
28 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in Mooloolaba in early Aug

Hi mausgrass, we are hoping to go back to Aus next July/Aug - having spoken to my friend who lives there it sounds like its been lovely and warm the last few weeks. We weren't sure whether to include Mooloolaba in our schedule as we thought it maybe too cold to enjoy the beaches etc. But we really loved it when we went there in Dec 2009 - is it normally warm enough to go in sea in Aug in Sunshine Coast? We are from UK and even at height of Summer our seas rarely reach 20C!

Thanks Julie