We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

G1 Property Holidays

Which Mooloolaba hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
Level Contributor
5 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
G1 Property Holidays

I would like to know if anyone has experienced a huge price increase on their already booked accommodation through G1 Holidays in Mooloolaba.

We have booked accommodation in Zanzibar for the Mooloolaba Triathlon weekend at a certain price through G1 and paid a deposit as well. Then 6 months later they send us an email and say that the accommodation you booked is now twice the price.

They said its in their terms and conditions so they can do this but ethically and morally it stinks of a money grab. Who's to say they don't increase it again once everyone agrees to the first increase.

Anyway, would love to hear if anybody else is in the same boat and would suggest you avoid G1 Holidays as confirmed prices are obviously not that.

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,246 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: G1 Property Holidays

Unfortunately I guess if it's in their terms and conditions there probably isn't a lot you can do about it. Check the properties availability through Mantra as they run the property.

mantra.com.au/queensland/…

Oscar

Brisbane
Level Contributor
5 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: G1 Property Holidays

Thanks Oscar, have already been down that avenue. I have registered a complaint with Dept of Fair Trading and will do my best on all social media sites to warn people of G1 Holidays and the type of antics they get up too.

Brisbane, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: G1 Property Holidays

I have also booked accomodation through G1 Holidays, paid a deposit in April (6 months ago) and received an email yesterday from G1 Holidays advising of their " dynamic pricing structure". They advised that the accomodation will now be more than doubling in price. The terms and conditions on their website were updated on 24/10/12 and when I asked for the terms and conditions relating back to April 2012 they couldn't give me that information. I cannot understand how a tariff can be increased after a deposit has been paid. If this was the case, then a customer would never be guaranteed of a quoted price, and therefore why pay a deposit in the first instance? I will also be lodging a formal complaint with the Dept of Fair Trading and have advised G1 Holidays of this also.

Mooloolaba
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: G1 Property Holidays

We wish to assure all current, past and future guests that we take all complaints seriously.

Having now had an opportunity to investigate this matter and to take instructions from our landlord clients (the property owners), we are pleased to confirm that we may honour the original rate which was advertised at the time of placing the bookings.

Best regards,

Valerie Guilfoyle

Owner

G1 Holidays Mooloolaba

www.g1holidays.com.au

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: G1 Property Holidays

"may honour the original rate" or *will* honour the rate?

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
25,602 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: G1 Property Holidays

It's good to see that G1 are sorting this out.

Mooloolaba
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: G1 Property Holidays

Hi Lien,

We have received instructions from each property’s owner and their advice to us is that we may now honour the original rate which was advertised at the time of placing the bookings.

We are in the process of contacting all guests concerned to explain that their original booking rate WILL be honoured.

Both Jane B and Bigkegs4U have been contacted and have acknowledged this resolution.

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,515 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: G1 Property Holidays

Good to see that there is some action and maybe ethics.

9. Re: G1 Property Holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 November 2012, 02:55
South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: G1 Property Holidays

ratzy, i think u should communicate with G1 thru conventional channels not

thru the forum

Get answers to your questions about Mooloolaba