We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

G1 Property Holidays

Which Mooloolaba hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
Level Contributor
5 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
G1 Property Holidays

I would like to know if anyone has experienced a huge price increase on their already booked accommodation through G1 Holidays in Mooloolaba.

We have booked accommodation in Zanzibar for the Mooloolaba Triathlon weekend at a certain price through G1 and paid a deposit as well. Then 6 months later they send us an email and say that the accommodation you booked is now twice the price.

They said its in their terms and conditions so they can do this but ethically and morally it stinks of a money grab. Who's to say they don't increase it again once everyone agrees to the first increase.

Anyway, would love to hear if anybody else is in the same boat and would suggest you avoid G1 Holidays as confirmed prices are obviously not that.

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: G1 Property Holidays

if you are referring to the above comment which has been removed then..NO.there is not 2 sides to this story.

it seems to me that this would be the place to speak the truth so as no other unsuspecting holiday makers are treated as appalling as we were.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: G1 Property Holidays

No wonder Queensland tourism is at an all time low, with shonky opperators like G1 property Moolooaba you can rest assured your hard earned money will soon be floating down the drain. Do not book through this real estate agency, they will come up with some excuse or reason to take your money (deposit) so be warned. Just read all the previous reviews - it's not just me, it seems they make a living from ripping people off!!

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
23. Re: G1 Property Holidays

We had a holiday in December/January also booked with G1 at an apartment that G1 was offering in the Zanibar Building.

Buyer Beware, it was our experience that the G1 agency works soley in the favor of the landlords and does not stand by the tenants. the apartrment we booked was advertised with aircon. The aircon was broken on arrival and although they did send someone to fix it, the aircon remained not fixed during our stay. We asked for compensation as we had booked for and paid to have aircon as was clearly stated in the advertised description of the apartment, a service that they had failed to provide during our stay. They refused us compensation so we are now out of pocket having paid for a service that was not provided. It is case closed as far as G1 is concerned. For us it is a case that we shall never ever book with G1 again as we are disgusted by a lack of ingegrity and the failure to provide appropriate service.

Brisbane, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
24. Re: G1 Property Holidays

This is a detailed sharing as we believe people considering paying G1 for "service" best walk into this purchase/transaction eyes wide open and expecting nothing; no customer service, professionalism or simple decency.

We stayed in a property managed by G1 in mooloolaba in March this year. On booking, they were amazingly fast and efficient to take our money and that is where their service began and ended.

On walking into G1 to collect the key, we were greeted by 2 women who appeared to have very high thoughts of themselves and had an extra-ordinary patronising way about them. We dismissed it until we were handed a document to sign and date and i asked them to please provide details of what is meant where it reads we are responsible for all removal of rubbish. We were then advised, in a most patronising way, we were to remove all rubbish from bins within the apartment otherwise we will be charged an additional cleaning fee. When we asked where we empty the rubbish the reply was "the refuse" with a condescending look as if we were meant to know where that was. We had to continue digging for specific directions as to where this refuse was located. Ironically, neither woman knew exactly where it was located and ultimately said "you'll need to walk around and find it. There is one on each floor and if you can't find it, you can contact the hotel reception and they can direct you." (The hotel is a completely independent business from G1!). Not surprisingly, they also couldn't direct us to the specific car park for our apartment in the basement of the hotel property. We received; "it's number xx car park, you'll need to drive around the carpark until you find it." Wow hey!!

We payed a higher rate for an ocean view apartment, explaining we wanted this specifically. We walked into the ocean view apartment advertised as "non-smoking" which had not been cleaned properly at all. There was ash, birds pooh and bird feathers all over the table on the balcony. On sitting in the leather couch, a cockroach ran across and down into the back of it. The toilet floor had urine stains in line with the edge of the toilet rim. We phoned G1 and they made a deal about getting the "cleaner to come back as they have probably left the area by now." Reluctantly they said they would follow it up. The cleaner came 4 hours later.

Late afternoon, we had the balcony door open and were relaxing on the couch to the sound of the waves crashing, watching the sun setting and cigarette smoke was rife, blowing through the balcony door. 1hour later, the smoke was stronger and creating headaches for both of us. We closed the balcony door and switched the air com on but without a fan, the cigarette smoke sat in the apartment. We phoned G1. After explaining the situation we received, in the consistent condescending and now, disingenuous way, they were "sorry but we can't do anything about that as the person smoking in the apartment beside your' can smoke if permitted." We advised them that this is misleadingly advertised. Again came the patronising reply, "you could go and talk with the hotel reception and see if they will help you" We explained that we paid G1 for the service, not a hotel who has no vested interest in assisting a customer of another business and due to health issues we can't be in an apartment we have paid significant fee for, for 5 days, where we can't experience that which we paid additional money for - the sound of the ocean, with cigarette smoke strongly blowing in. "I completely understand Mrs xxxxx that you aren't happy with cigarette smoke in your apartment, I wouldn't like that either. However we can't help you and I can tell you now you won't get any refund if you don't stay."

Needless to say, the service didn't improve even to sub-standard throughout the whole stay or handing in the keys at the end of the stay.

Interestingly, we were walking along the esplanade stretch the second day and passed a little holiday/property place. We entered and asked for holiday property info. The women was a breath of fee hair. Warm, professional, friendly and helpful. After asking us if we were currently staying, we shared our ill experience. She said "it's a shame and kind of funny you've just come in now as a woman was just in earlier who went to check in at G1 and the service she received she said was nothing short of disgusting and patronising. She said she walked out and came straight here and booked a stay with us." She went on to share that she hears this feedback at least once a week.

I wish I had found this information reflecting the poor "service" G1 delivers. We would have thought seriously twice. I hope this helps you find decent service somewhere else. It's definitely worth paying extra elsewhere than going with G1.

brisbane
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: G1 Property Holidays

I tried to book Sirrocco 1007 thru G1 on the Stayz site, to be told it isn't available by G1 the next day. (it was $279/night on Stayz). They then said they had the apartment next door available (1006), but it was $309/night. I booked the apartment thinking it would be similar or better than 1007 (which by the photos 1007 looked ok.) More about this pricing issue later.

When I arrived, I had to have a door repair man there for a couple of hours as the entry door had failed to the apartment due to rust. It was rented as having an upstairs floor with BBQ and sunlounges. I wouldnt cook anything on the BBQ which was rusted, and filthy, as were the floors, and sunlounges old and filthy. The security door on the top floor didnt work either, meaning anyone with a rooftop area could access this apartment. The front glass door lock also was broken.

The inside of the apartment was dirty and old. The carpets had been vacuumed, but old and grotty, as were the floor tiles. Behind the beds appeared to have never been cleaned. The dining room setting was also old and dirty. The chairs had been vaccumed, but you know when something has passed its used by date, and can be cleaned, but still has marks, and is gross, well that pretty well explains it. The bed blankets and Donas were the same.......brrr yuk! Lounge had marks all over it like you know what! The Bathroom has had dodgy repairs done, and the accessories are all old and worn.

There are indeed notices everywhere as another review has said. One notice even saying that the tenant will be liable for condensation damage if they leave the air conditioners on, and also for cleaning of the glass if there are marks LOL. There are fees for this, and fees for that!

Now to the fees. I was provided a document when I arrived that said that if you wanted to check out before office hours, you had to drop the plastic keys at a different address to the resort and G1 office. They have a box on the side of the road somewhere in Mooloolaba. On this document it said the office hours are from 9am on Sunday. So I was at the office at 9am. But no one was there. I was already late for an engagement, and thought Ill just post them back. I had no time to go looking for a box at an alternate address. I tried to call their “emergency” number at my first available time (which was several hours later), but their phone dropped out. So later that day, I called home to see there was a message there. I called, to be advised that they would refund $150 of my deposit, but be keeping $50 for the keys to be recut. If I had a complaint, I had to put that in writing.

So I put my complaint in writing, raising many issues, but of course I was mainly annoyed by the measly $50 on principle. The reply said “We apologise you have received a old pamphlet, you did have the option of calling our afterhours phone number for assistance. The $50 non return fee does stand, as new keys had to be cut.”

The keys are of course, a piece of plastic that has a code on it. A simple matter. Another query I raised (amongst many) was the price. As I had also by now seen on Stayz that 1006 is in fact $269 per night. So I asked for a refund on the difference. The reply I received from the owner of the business-

“Stayz website is a 3rd party website that we give our properties to be advertised and the Stayz Website choose to show open availability and estimated cost. The estimated cost was clearly advertised on your enquiry with the Stayz website. Once our office does receive your enquiry this is where we advise the potential guest of availability and offer an alternative, the rate you have paid was a rate of $309 which is the standard rate for any stays over Thursday to Sunday at the stage of booking you did accept this rate. There will be no refund offered to you.”

Then I looked on their own website, and on their website it is $260!!!! Thats for any and every night of the week!! I would also like to point out that Stayz does not magically show an estimated cost, nor does it magically chose to show open availability. Persons that advertise properties on that Site, have full access to their listings and control over such.

They brushed off the state of the apartment that I should have told them, and they would have had a cleaner and maintenance come. I was there for 3 nights, not for a family holiday. I just cringed, wore shoes, pulled off all the doonas, sat on towels and took valuable stuff with me. Like many, I couldn't be bothered. As professional property managers, they should know better. All the fees notices, and heavy handed deposits/advises etc, don't provide a warm and fuzzy feeling to begin. They clearly just don't get it. The apartment hasn't had a cent spent on it since it was built. It has had repairs done, and they are mostly poor quality.

So if they simply said “sorry Sir, our mistake” and provided a full refund of my $200 deposit, it would have ended, and I would never have chosen that resort again. I might even have used G1 again. However, they have chosen to fight over a measly $50 which was bought about by their own paperwork error. The final paragraph in their reply. “G1 Property now find this complaint closed. If you are not happy with the outcome please feel free to contact Office Of Fair Trading.”

Hope it was worth the $50.

Edited: 27 May 2014, 11:55
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
26. Re: G1 Property Holidays

I recently booked a property through G1 who I have used before and had problems with. The property was advertised as having 2 car garage spaces. Upon arriving the garage was locked and when I phoned was told it was not available to me. The property continues to be advertised as a 2 car garage. I booked this property based on the description and will not be dealing with G1 again.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
5 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: G1 Property Holidays

G1 Property Holidays are extremely difficult to deal with Tilly P as Squeegee10 said in their post.

They appear to advertise a lot of incorrect inclusions and prices on their website.

The units are also not as glamorous as they'll have you believe - yes the views are fantastic but the units themselves are very rundown, dirty and way overpriced.

And as Squeegee10 said they seem to have warnings everywhere about fees for this and fees for that.

I think it's a case of buyer beware.

Narrawallee...
1 post
Save Reply
28. Re: G1 Property Holidays

We rented through G1 Property holidays recently and do not recommend them at all. We were made to feel like criminals before we left the office, had problems with keys, the house we paid a fortune for was dirty, and yet there were signs alerting us to extra cleaning fees if we touched the windows, or failed to take out the garbage. The carpets were stained, blinds were broken, one blind completely off the window, a glass panel on the pool fence hanging off and my husband found red back spiders under chairs around the patio setting. Add to this having to chase for our cash deposit back, alarms going off for no reason, not enough keys supplied so a large adult family had to come and go at the same time, our family holiday was not relaxing at all. Do not use them

Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: G1 Property Holidays

Wish I had read these reviews before we stayed in a G1 managed property just before Christmas 2015. When we arrived the pool was green. On the 2nd day the poolman came and said we could not use the pool for two more days. When we told G1 they knew nothing about it.

When we arrived there was a crack in the glass table top. But unfortunately I did not think to take a photo.

The place was also unclean.

Three days after we left, we were told our bond was not being returned because of the crack in the table and apparently we also broke the steam oven door which we had not used.

I disputed the allegations. Nearly one month after leaving the property we are still fighting for the return of the full bond.

Final outcome G1 took owners side and took two thirds of the bond. We will never use G1 again and will be telling family,friends and colleagues never to use them.

Edited: 11 January 2016, 07:45
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: G1 Property Holidays

We used this company to rent a very expensive "luxury" house in Mooloolaba and they were terrible. Just happy to grab your money and offer no service. Lots of notices to not touch the glass or windows or you will be charged for extra cleaning when we paid $7000 for 12 nights. Wifi didn't work when it was advertised and they were not at all helpful in fixing the problem