We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Day Lunch in Mooloolaba?

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
197 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Day Lunch in Mooloolaba?

We have decided to stay in Mooloolaba during the Christmas period this year, and would like advice on a good place to have our Christmas Day lunch (or dinner)?

Whilst there are other threads on this they are old, and may not be applicable.

We are happy to "think outside the square" of "stand-alone" restaurants and go to a nice restaurant at one of the bigger hotels if it was any good.

There will be two adults and two teenagers.

We would preferably like somewhere that does the traditional ham and turkey meal (and some good seafood) but open to suggestions if others think they are worth going to.

(Note: we may or may not have a rental car so would like something within walking distance of the Nautilius Mooloolaba.)

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
693 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Day Lunch in Mooloolaba?

The Surf Club at Mooloolaba? If you have a car there is Twin Waters Resort at Marcoola.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,983 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Day Lunch in Mooloolaba?

I think you may be wayyy too early for information on this. Many places will not have decided whether they will open yet, you may have to troll Urban Spoon and find something you like the look of and contact them directly.

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
197 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Day Lunch in Mooloolaba?

Thanks for the advice.

I know I am trying to plan something like this early, but I don't want to miss out - already the accommodation is filling up for this time so I wanted to get in ahead of everyone else.

I've just been speaking to family members who have stayed at Mooloolaba over the past few years, and they have also recommended the Surf Club as somewhere to get a good meal - but they don't have any experience of it during Christmas.

Cheers :-)

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,983 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Day Lunch in Mooloolaba?

Why not email the tourism info and ask direct?

http://www.mooloolabatourism.com.au/dining

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
197 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Day Lunch in Mooloolaba?

I have e-mailed them, however I haven't heard back after several days. Great suggestion though.... Will keep searching to see what comes up.

Cheers :-)

6. Re: Christmas Day Lunch in Mooloolaba?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2015, 02:15