We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trinity v palm cove

uk
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
trinity v palm cove

got just 2 weeks to book hotel, would like beach, not too far fron cairns, relatively quiet (though do have teenagers), bit of luxury but not break the bank (will do that with trips) must have at least 1 freshwater pool

please help someone!!!!!!!!

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
269 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: trinity v palm cove

When we go up with the almost teenage grandkids we stay at Seachange Trinity beach, great apartments that are well decked out and huge. Large balconies and terraces which are very private and offer fantastic views. Beautiful pool and spa in sheltered area and it's right opposite the beach at the quiet end of the street. Very helpful and obliging managers as well. A yahoo search will find the website it had lots of photo's. If you prefer a full service hotel rather than an apartment then the Sebel Reef House at Palm Cove is great and has three pools, it is opposite the beach but with the exception of the very front rooms they have limited views. Other family with three teenagers always stay at the Palm Cove Novotel, it's a large and busy resort very popular with families and golfers, it offers a range of room types including apartments. As has been stated in the other posts all the beaches up from Cairns are great and there are lots of options. Trinity is our personal favorite near Cairns since our other daughter occupies our house at Oak Beach near Port Douglas, which is another fantastic spot.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trinity v palm cove

I second the Seachange in Trinity Beach. We had actually booked Trinity on the Esplanade (a bed & breakfast place), but when we arrived, they said an unfortunate event had occurred in the room that was booked for us (curious???!!), so they had secured us a room at Seachange just down the road. Seachange turned out to be wonderful because we had a huge two bedroom apartment, so we were able to cook meals, do laundry, etc. The apartment is very modern and nicely done - really a nice place. The owners (a couple whose names I can't recall) are extremely helpful with local attractions and bookings, but give you privacy too. If you're traveling with your family, it might be easier to have a whole apartment.

The Trinity Beach area is great - there are great restaurants, pubs and markets within walking distance along the beach. It's a 10 minute ride to Cairns, close to Kuranda village. There were many families there when we visited.

meh
Olmsted Falls, OH
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trinity v palm cove

The facilities at SeaChange are wonderful...spacious apartments that are lovely as well as a beautiful pool and great ocean views. We found the manager to have somewhat of an "attitude", however. The booking information notes that there is airport pick-up. When we called from the airport, we were rudely told that this was true only if SeaChange had been given 24 hours advance notice. I would hope that this condition would be changed in their information so that there will be no confusion on this issue for future guests!

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trinity v palm cove

Marlin Cove Resort is my favourite and we just keep coming back. It has a fabulous lagoon pool, the best i've seen, and a lap pool for the energetic. The tropical gardens are picturesque and tranquil with coloured birdlife. The selfcontained units are very modern and clean. Trinity beach is 3 minutes walk,and the shopping centre is 3minutes walk in the opposite direction, which makes every thing so handy. Trust you will love it !!!!!!

Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trinity v palm cove

You could always try the Trinity Beach Club (Comfort Suites property) - only a couple of hundred metres to the beach and you don't get to pay beachfront prices for accommodation. Great pool and BBQ area. Hosts just fantastic to deal with who help out with all tours and rental cars. I would certainly give them a go.

Good luck.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,548 posts
1,595 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trinity v palm cove

Trinity Beach is gorgeous..I have not stayed here but only visited whilst staying in Cairns..I remember seeing a lovely hotel/resort on the beach..looked beautiful colonial style..do not know name..but I did decide, if I was ever to return I would stay here..maybe other forum members will know the name.Maybe its one already mentioned...this was on the beach, low rise with large white shutters.

Get answers to your questions about Trinity Beach