We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

domestic air passes

Which Trinity Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
washington dc
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
domestic air passes

I'll be going to Oz/NZ in late Jan/Feb. I was curious about the air passes. It appears that you can only get the Qantas air pass if you fly their airline on the international leg. Is this correct?

It also appears that Virgin Blue provides an airpass regardless of which airline you fly.......also correct?? Does this program work? Is it generally more economical to get the multi-city passes or to purchase separate one-way flights for internal travel?

Also, anyone know whether these air passes are valid in NZ -- or maybe they have a similar program??

Thanks for your help on this!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,886 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: domestic air passes

So far as I know, none of these passes are sold within Australia, so people living here will not be able to answer your questions. You might do better to ask in the Air Travel forum.

To see whether a pass is economical, compare its cost with the cost of buying ordinary tickets direct from the airlines. The earlier you book, the less you will pay.

www.qantas.com

www.virginblue.com.au

www.jetstar.com.au

2. Re: domestic air passes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2011, 07:41
Get answers to your questions about Trinity Beach