We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trinity beach vs port douglas

uae
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
trinity beach vs port douglas

right when i was bout to finalise on pd i heard bout trinity beach whihc was as nice, cheaper and closer to the city of cairns, whihc has a better variety of restuarnts and things to do rather than pd.is this true? if so which properties (pref beach/ocean facing) would someone suggest.is ther public transport easily available to and back from cairns from trinity?how are the roydonbeachfront apartments?

im SORRY FOR BEING SO INDECISIVE!!

Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trinity beach vs port douglas

When are you travelling? Port Douglas charge quite a lot in the busy season which I think is from June till October. Trinity Beach is central to everything - only a 40 odd minute drive to Port Douglas. Most of the reef operators leave out of Cairns and if you want to go ballooning this is held over the tablelands - a shorter distance to go than Port Douglas. I can't stress enough - that Trinity Beach is central to everything.

Public transport is readily available - Cairns to Trinity by bus is around 30 odd minutes.

For accommodation, you could try Trinity Beach Club - they are not beachfront, however are only a 2 minute walk. There are around 6 restaurants around the area - Trinity Beach is lovely. Trinity Beach Club has a full tour desk so they can help you out with tours / rental cars. Very good service.

Stay on the beachfront - but you pay beachfront pricing - stay at Trinity Beach Club and you won't be dissapointed and the rates are excellent.

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trinity beach vs port douglas

Trinity is the 6th beach north of Cairns,so it is still about a 30 minute drive.The buses service all the northern beaches but i'm not sure how late they run at night.

Having lived in Cairns for 6 years and and having been to PD over 50 times,i'd pick PD.

Get answers to your questions about Trinity Beach
More Trinity Beach Topics