We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

esplanade hotel albany

Which Albany hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
esplanade hotel albany

Does anyone know if this place had been re-built and if so when will it be open for business?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,698 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: esplanade hotel albany

It is a vacant lot. The owners are Singaporean investors who have let plans lapse. Info accurate as at 15th June 2010.

uk
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: esplanade hotel albany

Thanks for that. Do you know of a good 4* in the same location? I am booked at the Dog Rock but have just seen the horrendous bed bug photos on a review on this site!

uk
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: esplanade hotel albany

Hello again Perthite--I also would like to know if there is a train service between Perth and Albany. I know there is a Skywest service daily---but on just a little Fokker prop plane-----I would be nervous of taking it I think.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,698 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: esplanade hotel albany

Sorry, can't help with hotels but have flown to Albany and the plane is fine. Reasonable size and it is only an hour flight. No train, only coach otherwise.

uk
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: esplanade hotel albany

Thank you again--we may try Skywest now--don't fancy a six hour coach ride after flying 10000 miles.

Albany, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: esplanade hotel albany

The Esplenade Site has been a sight for sore eyes from January 2007. It's up for sale at 15 million, fenced off with thousands of socks on the fence as a protest from Albany Residents. Don' know how it is still being advertised. Not likely to be rebuilt for a long time.

Jack

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,930 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: esplanade hotel albany

I think you must mean "eyesore", Balneaire. A fence surrounded by socks (why socks?) doesn't sound very attractive.

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
Level Contributor
2,821 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: esplanade hotel albany

This form of protest has now started at the Guildford Hotel which has stood in ruin since the fire. Smaller fence than at the Esplanade so it probably wont take long for it to fill up with socks.

A cafe near the Esplanade site is actually selling socks in case you havent got any spare ones to hang on the fence!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,698 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: esplanade hotel albany

Surely hanging socks on the fence just makes it more of an eyesore??

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
Level Contributor
2,821 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: esplanade hotel albany

I think thats the point Perthite. The locals are tired of seeing a lack of progress on both of these sites.

The Esplanade fence also has a few undies/knickers hanging off it !! :-o

Get answers to your questions about Albany