We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The area-and hire boats off beaches?

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington
Level Contributor
301 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
The area-and hire boats off beaches?

Hi - this doesn't appear to be a very busy group! However a friend living in Perth has said she really loved her stay in this area and we are coming to the region as a side trip from Perth for 2-3 days...

Thought may base in Busselton to see some coastal scenery and maybe a winery or two.

Are there are hire catamaran or small boats any places along this coast or around the corner south wards? Might not be but thought would check as my partner may enjoy that.

And any tips for finding some accommodation mid march - hopefully around $150 a room a night or under as we have 11 nights in Perth so need to budget a bit! I did consider a camper van but we may relax more in a studio apartment with hire car, rather than tripping around.

Thanks

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
Level Contributor
2,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The area-and hire boats off beaches?

*bumping up*

Busselton is a good base for the Margaret River Region

Check out:-

http://www.geographebay.com/

for available accommodation

or try at Dunsborough too, another good base.

Re: boat hire - Im not aware of any "self drive" boat hire along this coast (others may know) but I think you can go on yatch charters

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The area-and hire boats off beaches?

*yacht*

grrrr

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington
Level Contributor
301 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The area-and hire boats off beaches?

Don't stress! I can spell. I just type too fast :)

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The area-and hire boats off beaches?

:)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The area-and hire boats off beaches?

Ive been to busselton 4 times and just love the place.

The long jetty they have there is just Unreal.

Its a fantastic walk and always has people fishing of it ,Ive been on it for sunrise and sunset and have amazing photos.

You must go on it at night,its a buzz with people fishing etc,and first thing of a morning,,, look its just so so beautiful.

The night i spent there for hours chatting with lots of different families fishing etc,I didnt know I could have such a good time walking on a jetty

They have an underwater thingo at the end of the jetty,I found it over priced ,and if you must go,,go on a clear day and not after rain etc as the view below isnt good then..

The water is so clear there,I love to swim,its very shallow at the main beach in town and great for kids.

Ive stayd at a budget hotel on the highway,cheap,noise etc,,but clean etc,Im only there to sleep,and stayed at this caravan park south of the town that had these cute little swiss huts,just charming,will post the name if I remember(sorry)

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,652 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The area-and hire boats off beaches?

Just a reminder that the Busselton Jetty is closed until sometime in 2010 as it is undergoing major refurbishments.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,719 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The area-and hire boats off beaches?

And note OP was visiting in March 09...not that info isn't of interest to others... just saying...

8. Re: The area-and hire boats off beaches?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2009, 05:32
Get answers to your questions about Busselton