We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House Boat

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
House Boat

Has anyone hired a houseboat from Mandurah? Need feedback and advice.

13 replies to this topic
Alice Springs
Level Contributor
141 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: House Boat

Hi we hired a house boat a few years ago - Dolphin House Boats. I can highly recommend them. Our young family had the best holiday. the short tutorial/instruction session provided the essential information for our hire. I hope I have remembered the company's name correctly as they were friendly and easy to deal with. Enjoy

leeds30
Level Contributor
6 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: House Boat

Do not know if you have booked your holiday since you posted this ,We booked with Mandurah House Boats for Jan 2015, we paid $1400 for 4 nights & for 4 adults, , we were without hot water for 2 days endless phones call to the office , time waiting for engineer to come to us at 2 Location, would not give us any compensation , They stated Cold water is more expensive in Australia !,, old engineer staring at one off the ladies 60+, making her feel uncomfortable , we are from the UK Then they wanted a further $112 for fuel & gas. after making our point about our holiday, they agree to reduce this by a GREAT $12...WOW so good of them ,so still paid &100, good job we live in the UK so will not be using them again

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: House Boat

Nice setup and we enjoyed a few days, but unfortunately the boat was infested with cockroaches and the fridge didn't work. No compo offered. Beware

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,368 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: House Boat

Beatit99 - I note that it is your first post here on a forum. It would be more helpful if you provided the company name and when you experienced the problems, otherwise your comments are not of much use to anyone really.

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: House Boat

Kerry, only one houseboat company in Mandurah - Mandurah houseboats as per reply #2, and hire was Jan 2016. No help to anyone is a bit harsh. Since you are such a boffin why aren't Mandurah houseboats listed on Trip Advisor?

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
7,345 posts
1,527 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: House Boat

<<< Since you are such a boffin why aren't Mandurah houseboats listed on Trip Advisor?>>

Businesses don't appear on TripAdvisor by magic! Someone has to list them.

You could try to list them if you wanted to post a review.

leeds30
Level Contributor
6 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: House Boat

I used Mandurhah Houseboats, Jan 2015.see review above

I tried to list them, but as they operate from a post box, TripAdvisor would not list them

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,368 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: House Boat

I have just completed the TA listing request for Mandurah Houseboats, using the address on their website of 13a Dolphin Drive, so i guess that must make me a boffin. ;)

Yellow Pages also lists Dolphin Houseboat Holidays as same address.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,540 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: House Boat

I am sure Beatit will rush back in to thank you Kerry - but they have probably already beat it - out the unhelpful door.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
9 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: House Boat

HI

10 of us hired a house boat for 3days and went up Murray river up to PInjarra. One of the best trips we have done. Instructions were very good and it took us a while to get the art of sailing. Boat was clean, everything worked well. We could stop at any designated stops or at random. Dolphins were plentiful. We were cautious about water as storage was only 200 liters. River could get quite narrow if you go up and there is arisk you could get stuck.

You could swim in the river, have a BBQ , fish or catch crab. wE came home with beautiful memories of WA. Highly recommended.

Edited: 07 March 2016, 09:40
Reply to: House Boat
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted