We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Karri Forest Motel Pemberton

sydney
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Karri Forest Motel Pemberton

I don't know how anyone could recommend this motel! It is advertised as 4 Star, would not even qualify as 2 Star. Linen had been slept on, restaurant was closed and pool was brown. We unfortunately booked and paid upfront through a website. He refused us a refund and did not offer alternative accommodation. The owner was rude and unprofessional.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,742 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Karri Forest Motel Pemberton

Perhaps you could post a review too, to assist others. Your post will disappear very quickly but reviews are there forever...

Bunbury, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Karri Forest Motel Pemberton

Making up complete lies !!!!!! this place is wonderful, stayed there a few times

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,299 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Karri Forest Motel Pemberton

He we go again...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g261676-i5107-k289…

There are obviously issues in Pemeberton and as such i would trust few reviews and even fewer forum posts unless the OP or reviewer had a credible history for significant time prior..

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
Level Contributor
2,842 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Karri Forest Motel Pemberton

TA reviews are all over the shop on this one...even the 1 post wonders vary with their reviews. I haven't stayed there but I can certainly recommend the on-site restaurant... "Silver Birch Restaurant". A wonderful dining experience!

Edited: 01 January 2012, 09:59
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,299 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Karri Forest Motel Pemberton

AJ if you go back some time there were numerous suspect reviews and threads..the one I linked was one of the few not reviewed...it wasn't just one place that was affected,

there was an all out one poster war between a few of the accom places, within48 hours one place would get 10 reviews swinging from disgusting to amazing and then a review/post on the forums to make everyone look..

silly dopes invented ids that were prominent WA celebs/sportspeople at the time..eg Ryan Bayley (sprint champ) and a cricketer..sorry can't remember which one.

The silly attitude did more to harm Pemberton Tourism than help as no one suggested staying in pemberton for quite some time because they weren't sure what was going on

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,842 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Karri Forest Motel Pemberton

ahh right..I couldnt make head or tail of that thread you linked...all quite messy :). And before my time on TA. Also just noticed this is an old post resurrected.

Pfftt...I should have just ignored it.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
907 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Karri Forest Motel Pemberton

Quite agree, GW, I was so put off by the one-review wonders giving vent about places in Pemberton town that I opted to stay in a more sensibly-reviewed B&B out of town. Which served just as well, as it was 5 mins drive to dinner, or to the tourist info centre, or to the Gloucester Tree. And served as the perfect base for two days' touring around Pemberton. On Eatability I take a similar view - if they're a one-post wonder, ignore them :-)

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,842 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Karri Forest Motel Pemberton

That would no doubt be 'Glenhaven' Im assuming. A wonderful B&B that I must return to!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
907 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Karri Forest Motel Pemberton

Yes, A J, you got it in one :-)

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,842 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Karri Forest Motel Pemberton

Over 2 years since I stayed there and I still regularly exchange emails with Jim & Jackie.

...but I stray off topic

...but who cares anyway :)

Get answers to your questions about Pemberton
More Pemberton Topics